Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog chasing deer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D brilliant. The dog's probably thinking "why is he barking at me? I'm doing all the leg work. At least try and thin out the herd monkey boy. Humans eh?".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

ah jesus christ FINTAAAAAAAAANNNNN running after your dog never helps finnnnnttttttttaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

I must have watched that 5-6 times yesterday...it gets funnier everytime.

You should watch the Jurassic Park verions of it too...hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

pokertalk wrote: »
    ah jesus christ FINTAAAAAAAAANNNNN running after your dog never helps finnnnnttttttttaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn

His name is Benton lol
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sardonic

Poor owner, long time before Fenton sees the inside of that park .:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

tk123 wrote: »
    His name is Benton lol

His name is quite clearly Jesus :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

His name is quite clearly Jesus :p

lol
    It is just class, how many of us have been that screaming man, thankfully not in that situation though:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

ppink wrote: »
    lol
    It is just class, how many of us have been that screaming man, thankfully not in that situation though:eek:
    Too true. My last dog was a nightmare with cats.My voice went from very calm "Bonnny..back"...to "Boooonnnny...baaaaack"....then when she was in full chase mode, "BOOOOOOONNYYYYYYY......FFFFFFSSSSS........BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK"!!!!!

That video is hilarious....id say the dog had a ball though and will never be allowed off lead again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd love to know how he eventually got him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Stampeeeeeeede!
    And the second coming of Jesus Christ - and all caught on camera! Not a bad days filming!! Give that cameraman an Oscar!! LOVED the Dastardly & Mutly laugh at the end
    : )

( isn't it treason to kill the queens deer!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

Have been in this scenario twice down here in killarney national park, not quite as many deer but the same pace! the second time i had to run through marsh to catch the dog. i'll never take off her leash again in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

flanree wrote: »
    Have been in this scenario twice down here in killarney national park, not quite as many deer but the same pace! the second time i had to run through marsh to catch the dog. i'll never take off her leash again in there.

Happened me on the Curragh, only with sheep. Scariest five minutes of my life, I kept expecting a shotgun blast any second. Finally got the dog back by pelting full-tilt away from her so she chased me instead.

That was the last time she was off-lead anywhere but the local GAA pitch, I can tell you. You think your dog's recall is good until they spot a flock or herd on the move...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

There is a massive red stag that frequents our garden. One day we were setting of on a walk and the dogs spotted the stag, went a bit nuts and in the confusion leads got dropped and two of the dogs ran towards the stag. The stag didnt run it just stood there. When dogs got to stag and they stopped and came back. I think the dogs realised the size of the stag they went "Oops thats bigger than I thought" . The stag then just ambled on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Poops; I thought that was Richmond Park in London for some mad reason! Will be much more wary wih mine innthe Phoenix Park this Christmas after this!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Happened me on the Curragh, only with sheep. Scariest five minutes of my life, I kept expecting a shotgun blast any second. Finally got the dog back by pelting full-tilt away from her so she chased me instead.

That was the last time she was off-lead anywhere but the local GAA pitch, I can tell you. You think your dog's recall is good until they spot a flock or herd on the move...

That happened to my mum. She was walking down this little country lane and the dog suddenly took off. She caught up to where he had been and spotted the sheep. She got our other dog on the lead first then went to the field. No sign of sheep or dog. Went to the top of the hill in the field to see the sheep in a perfect circle on the other side but no dog. She turned around to see the dog at the gate looking at her as if to say "What are you doing there, I'm done, lets go" Turns out our rescue can round up sheep, not that we would ever trust him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Theres actually a few parodies of this on Youtube. This one is hilarious..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Poops; I thought that was Richmond Park in London for some mad reason! Will be much more wary wih mine innthe Phoenix Park this Christmas after this!!!!

It says in the video description(Labrador fenton not benton chasing red deer in Richmond park, London).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Does the owner (aka the crazy man chasing the dog:D) know he is on youtube I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sardonic

You can also download the FeNTAAAAAAAAANNNNN ringtone much to his owners mortification :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Stampeeeeeeede!( isn't it treason to kill the queens deer!)

Which queen?

Nit picking, I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

tk123 wrote: »
    His name is Benton lol
    its not .i was closer:p

Advertisement