Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All my ports being pinged

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

If I open firefox* or internet explorer I get zillions of requests like this:

GET http://127.0.0.1:17350/gui/pingimg&r=0.8174770299301115 HTTP/1.1
    Accept: image/png, image/svg+xml, image/*;q=0.8, */*;q=0.5
    Referer: http://cap1.conduit-apps.com/Bittorrent/20110207/maincomp.php
    Accept-Language: en-IE
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    Host: 127.0.0.1:17350
    Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

with a different port in each one, and a different value for the r parameter.
    It seems unrelated to websites I have open. It doesn't seem to happen while I use Opera.

Bittorrent is installed on this machine but is not running (nor was it when this started)

Can anyone tell me what is happening? I will run a virus scan anyway..

*edit: Actually I might be mistaken about firefox. It hasnt happened with it since, and it happens immediately I open IE - so possibly I had IE open without realisign it when I thought FF was causing it too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

looks like the a port scan for connections from your web browser (torrent plugin perhaps?) hoste don port 17350 and referred by cap1.conduit-apps.com/bittorrentyadayadayada

possibly a torrent that you were sharing/seeding being probed for again by a peer but when it doesnt find the torrent engine running on port 17350 it scans to see if a different port is giving access.

also, not working when you open Opera, it doesnt look like the agent is Opera compatible. Are you certian no browser plugin was isntalled when you installed the torrent client?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

ah thanks - that seems to be bang on :) Bittorrent toolbar was listed twice under addons and an unnamed search provider referring to conduit. Disabling/removing these seems to have stopped it.

Advertisement