Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Evolution!

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

http://shockawenow.blogspot.com/2011/11/questiion-evolution-campaign-volunteer.html
    http://creation.com/question-evolution
    We are engaged in a significant recruiting drive for more Question evolution! campaign volunteers. A few days ago two American Question evolution! campaign volunteers were added. One of them is a writer and the other volunteer is extremely enthusiastic and wants to volunteer a whole lot of volunteer hours. Today, we will be working on recruiting two more excellent volunteers.

One of our initial goals is that we would like to see the Question evolution! campaign have a very active volunteer in every state/province in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.

Growing healthy local groups

We now have a plan in place to recruit more volunteers and a plan to help our volunteers recruit more volunteers in their local areas and the world at large.

In addition, we now have a game plan as far as developing Question evolution! campaign team leaders. Our leadership model is based on a classic book on leadership. The highly successful Israeli military uses many of this model's principles and we think the leadership model will work for us as well.

Reducing atheism and evolutionary belief in the United States

The popular YouTube video creator Shockofgod is very enthusiastic about our plans as he believes atheism is extremely vulnerable in the United States and will see a dramatic loss of adherents as a result of the Question evolution! campaign plus other factors as well. Please see the 10 reasons why atheism will decline in the United States video and 10 reasons why atheism will decline in the United States article.

Major announcements are coming soon

Look for major campaign announcements on this blog and/or the popular YouTube channel in the coming weeks.

The whole thing reads like a Bill O'Reilly science class!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    One of them is a writer and the other volunteer is extremely enthusiastic

Am I the only one to find that incredibly funny?

Edit: Oooo look, this was my post number 2000. Hardly a memorable landmark post alas. Wish I had noticed sooner I would have written something more profound.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This is my particular favourite:
    We now have a plan in place to recruit more volunteers and a plan to help our volunteers recruit more volunteers in their local areas and the world at large.
    Translation:
    We need more volunteers, and then they need volunteers, and then we need more volunteers. Have I mentioned we need volunteers?
    1. Get volunteers
    2. Get more volunteers
    3. ??????
    4. THE WORLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I have a question for evolution,
    If evolution are so smart then why do they live in igloos?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

People do question evolution all the time, it's called science :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I too like to question facts.

Now why does the Earth orbit the Sun, you can't explain it! No-one can! Therefore, God did it!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

I would LOVE to talk face-to-face to one of these people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

NecroSteve wrote: »
    I would LOVE to talk face-to-face to one of these people!!

You can find a few of them at a NASCAR track. Unfortunately there are none in Ireland so you're going to have to to the corner of O'Connell street and Henry Street and wait for a man that looks like Neil Delamere to come along with a pedestal and a box of fetus replicas.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

the other volunteer is extremely enthusiastic and wants to volunteer a whole lot of volunteer hours.
    Volunteer used as a noun, a verb and an adjective all in one sentence, impressive, though they might want to invest in a thesaurus.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

the_saurus1.png&sa=X&ei=FD7NTsL8DIyIhQf60O3YDQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE1KWpLsd0IaBt6rAp404ex4sDMfg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    You can find a few of them at a NASCAR track. Unfortunately there are none in Ireland so you're going to have to to the corner of O'Connell street and Henry Street and wait for a man that looks like Neil Delamere to come along with a pedestal and a box of fetus replicas.
    There's one outside H&M most evenings too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Volunteer used as a noun, a verb and an adjective all in one sentence, impressive, though they might want to invest in a thesaurus.

The first rule of Thesaurus Club is you do not talk about, mention, speak of, discuss or chat about Thesaurus Club.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The videos on their site do a great job of explaining exactly what they're about.

The core question is, "is science right and the bible wrong?", basically putting it to the viewers you can be agree with science or religion but not both.

There's no pretence about it being about facts, it's all about the bible.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

It might be funny if they weren't so serious about it. The idea seems to be spreading too. I find it very unsettling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From some of the readers' comments
    Some Guys wrote:
    I am a lecturer in the Physics department of … University. Last year I put a few copies of the Creation magazine in our tearoom. The next day I found it lying in the rubbish bin! I removed it, dusted it off and put it on the table again. The next day it was in the rubbish bin again! I dusted it off, and put it on the table, etc … This happened three days in a row!

I have had two car door magnets produced at Vistaprint and placed on each of my two front doors with your logo “Question Evolution” and website. needless to say we have been getting some strange looks!

I am 74 years old and have been a creationist Christian for a many years having read many of the late Dr. Henry Morris’ materials. Now connected with CMI, I have your ‘Question Evolution’ bumper sticker on the back of my power wheel-chair. [...]
    I'm tempted to call Poe on this one!

Two front doors? Well ooh la-dee-da Mr. Rich Creationist Man.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    I'm tempted to call Poe on this one!
    OK, self-administered-facepalm here.

Have just realized that creation.com is run by my old friends CMI, former friends of Ken Ham of AIG fame, and the jilted lesser half of the memorable "'Hey, you mutton-jawed bastard, you f*cked off with my client list!' with added witchcraft and necrophilia" creationism scandal of 2005.

Let me adjust my previous Poe claim to one of "OK, their webmaster's working for Dawkins or Randi".

Me [Like]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

A few days ago two American Question evolution! campaign volunteers were added. One of them is a writer and the other volunteer is extremely enthusiastic and wants to volunteer a whole lot of volunteer hours. Today, we will be working on recruiting two more excellent volunteers.

Translation: We've recruited 2 so far. One of them can write, the other one - not so much, but he seems keen and sure we could use a gofer I suppose.
    Our leadership model is based on a classic book on leadership. The highly successful Israeli military uses many of this model's principles and we think the leadership model will work for us as well.

Translation: We're considering killing those who disagree. It's what the baby jesus would have liked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I question evolution on a daily basis. Everyone should. Taking things like that on faith is irresponsible and foolish.

The answers so far hold up to scrutiny though, so evolution hasn't got much to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Edit: Oooo look, this was my post number 2000. Hardly a memorable landmark post alas. Wish I had noticed sooner I would have written something more profound.
    Eh?? An irrational belief in the significance of certain numbers because of our adoption of a decimal counting system.....;)

Probably just bitter cos my 1000th post passed without much fanfare:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Fair enough point. I will try and remember to celebrate post 2000 in a base 11 numbering system just for you so. If my old Leaving cert mathematics does not fail me this will be post 2662 which is likely going to be some time away. Hopefully someone will remind me.

Scarily I think that means the likes of Galvasean would have to use a... rough estimate.... something between base 23 and 25 to celebrate post 2000 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement