Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a simple e-commence/shopping cart tools?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    On my photography website I have a buy prints page which is extremely basic (external link to paypal, visitor has to enter name of photo manually).

I'd like to upgrade to a more user-friendly solution. Ideally a simple bit of text/image next to photos where they click to 'add to cart'.

I realise I'll have to add it to every existing post I have...
    and one potential issue is that a single post can have several photos in it.

A free solution would be preferable (seeing as I have virtaully no sales and it's not the main aim of my site) but if it costs a 'wee' bit then that's okay.

thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    On my photography website I have a buy prints page which is extremely basic (external link to paypal, visitor has to enter name of photo manually).

I'd like to upgrade to a more user-friendly solution. Ideally a simple bit of text/image next to photos where they click to 'add to cart'.

I realise I'll have to add it to every existing post I have...
    and one potential issue is that a single post can have several photos in it.

A free solution would be preferable (seeing as I have virtaully no sales and it's not the main aim of my site) but if it costs a 'wee' bit then that's okay.

thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Have a look at create.net. Cheap, fully customisable (you'll need knowledge of CSS), works with most of the main payment gateways including Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Can I recommend wordpress along with cart66.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Ecwid is an easy one to implement. Few restrictions on the free version.

Also if the OP doesnt mind, I'd like to jump in for some advice instead of creating a similar thread.

I've had some experience using Ecwid and found that grand and easy to use, though I didnt go massively deep into it.

I've now been asked to help a friend set up an online store and would like to get a read on what options are out there that are stable, easy enough to implement and modify, look good and very importantly, are very user friendly. My friend is a bit of a techno-phobe so while I'm capable of explaining and demonstrating the CMS aspects to a point, I dont want to be getting phone calls every day with questions about 'how do i........' etc.

In order to narrow the field, and show that I've looked into this a bit myself, what would be considered the best option from (but not restricted to) Oscommerce / Wordpress Ecommerce (like cart66) / Shopify / Ecwid (though I'd most likely be just popping that into a WP theme anyway).

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I'm trying out fotomoto at the moment. It looks like it could be excellent- easy installation (plugin), automatically adds 'buy' links to every photo on my site automatically if I want. They're mark up isn't much and they print and deliver the photos.

Advertisement