Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staffie x ?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭

this is my girl dolly. she's a 2 year old staffie X but ive no idea with what as she's a rescue. i'd be interested to hear what you guys think the X could be? ive had friends who are staffie owners mention lurcher (i dont see it myself). PBT (because of body shape) and various other breeds. she could even be just a tall staffie!

any ideas?
    dollyincarlsyard.jpg
    dollyheadup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

wow i know staffies pretty well and couldnt figure out after looking at the pic for at least 5mins :D
    looks like a pure bred staffie :)
    What does she do in her spare time + out on walks? might give me some help lol :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At a push I would also say that she's a little slimmer around the shoulders and has a slightly thicker tail than I'd expect. But that wouldn't mean that she's not a staffie.

Perhaps PBT cross.

Gorgeous girl in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

She could well be an Irish Staffie, from what I've heard they're leggier than the British strain. Irish Staffs are a type rather than a breed.

I saw a staff very similar to yours in the DSPCA a couple of months ago. I tried to convince my friend, who was looking for a dog, to take her home, but she doesn't like Staffs for some weird reason :(

My staffie is a pure bred with american champions, but very small ( see from pic)

DSC00150.jpg

tough question OP :) lovely staffie in any case, there the best dog iv ever owned imo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

pudzey101 wrote: »
    wow i know staffies pretty well and couldnt figure out after looking at the pic for at least 5mins :D
    looks like a pure bred staffie :)
    What does she do in her spare time + out on walks? might give me some help lol :cool:

i know bull breeds well myself and i cant figure it out! :D

she's a pure bully in all her behaviour.

• Advertisement

She could well be an Irish Staffie, from what I've heard they're leggier than the British strain. Irish Staffs are a type rather than a breed.

ive been told this a few times and was shown this girl to support it. very similiar. same stance/muscle structure/size, same square head but smaller than usual staff... except my girls a scruff bag!
    a_Chyna_27th_September_2008_A8.jpg

I saw a staff very similar to yours in the DSPCA a couple of months ago. I tried to convince my friend, who was looking for a dog, to take her home, but she doesn't like Staffs for some weird reason :(

could be the same girl. she's only home with me just over 2 months now. or it could have been stella, she's similiar except the markings came down onto her muzzle. she was a lovely staffie girl too.

My staffie is a pure bred with american champions, but very small ( see from pic)

DSC00150.jpg

tough question OP :) lovely staffie in any case, there the best dog iv ever owned imo :D

lovely little chunky monkey :)

^^ 100% muscle ;)
    actually the vet said to me he's not 1 ounze overweight even though he looks like a little keg or barrell haha

ahh they're all chunky monkeys :)

what weight is he? my girl is just over 18kg. another 2kg is her target.

He's in around 19-24 kgs AFAIK :D Not fat though, just pure muscle :)
    He would be alot more only for all the exercise and training i do with him :D
    What kind of diet is your staffie on :)

• Advertisement

well she's been on a big diet to bring her weight up. she was 11.4kg when she arrived at the rescue and 14kg when she arrived to me so its been chicken/rice/black pudding on top of her normal meals (half tin loaf and half mug dry complete twice a day). she's doing about 5 miles walk a day to build muscle tone aswell. when she got to me her muscle tone was very loose.

once she's at 20kg i'll put her back onto a normal diet with a small amount of cooked chicken or fish added in the evening meals only.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

could be the same girl. she's only home with me just over 2 months now. or it could have been stella, she's similiar except the markings came down onto her muzzle. she was a lovely staffie girl too.
    It was Stella. I wanted her sooooooooo much, she was gorgeous.

^ thats brilliant :) ur doing everything right anyway :D
    My fella gets lots of chicken (protein) to keep his muscle mass up :)
    For their size you wudnt belive the power and strengt they have :eek:
    Walking and jogging aint enough to tire them out either, i have him swimming down by the sea to burn off extra energy too lol :)

its so bad not being able to let them off and run free. my local park always has dogs running around and she wants to go play with them but a lot of the owners would flip if she bounded towards their ****-zu or bichon! (sorry bout generalising but its the truth!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

this is my girl dolly. she's a 2 year old staffie X but ive no idea with what as she's a rescue. i'd be interested to hear what you guys think the X could be? ive had friends who are staffie owners mention lurcher (i dont see it myself). PBT (because of body shape) and various other breeds. she could even be just a tall staffie!

any ideas?
    dollyincarlsyard.jpg
    dollyheadup.jpg
    looks like a staff to me not a mix

DSC00150.jpg

little tank of a dog :D

^^ thanks haha :)
    everyone i bump into calls him a keg on legs :confused:

Advertisement