Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bands to Discover

Options
  • 23-11-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

I love finding new music in which i have never listened t..... so i thought who better to ask than the ppl who listen to the music.

Looking for Bands Similar to Five Finger Death Punch, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Soil, Axenstar, Shinedown and so on, im not into the screaming at all but if there is a small bit then so be it.

Any suggestions guys, be great

thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Give the Mars Volta a try, especially their first album, it'd be the most similar to the bands you mentioned. Their 2nd and 3rd albums are up in my all time top 5, but may take a bit of getting used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Try.....

Chevelle
    10 Years
    Karnivool
    Ghost Machine (singer of five finger death punches old band)
    Motograter ( also same guy)
    Alkaline Trio

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pronter

Give the Mars Volta a try, especially their first album, it'd be the most similar to the bands you mentioned. Their 2nd and 3rd albums are up in my all time top 5, but may take a bit of getting used to.

Nice one will give them a listen after work so, nothin better than gettin new music for the ipod, then heading for a drive and stickin on the new stuff.

thanks,

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Try.....

Chevelle
    10 Years
    Karnivool
    Ghost Machine (singer of five finger death punches old band)
    Motograter ( also same guy)
    Alkaline Trio

Thanks for the reply dude, have few from Chevelle, 10 years. But will try the others this evening aswell, got inflames new album recently and love it have to say :-)

Actually give at the drive in a whirl too, they're long since disbanded, and eventually served as the spine for the Mars Volta, but once again are more punk and less prog than TMV. the album relationship to command is savage!

• Advertisement

Actually give at the drive in a whirl too, they're long since disbanded, and eventually served as the spine for the Mars Volta, but once again are more punk and less prog than TMV. the album relationship to command is savage!

Nice one thanks dude, cant believe i used to listen to that Dance rubbish, only started listening to alternative metal or metal in general bout 2 year ago. Missed out over so many years haha:)

Pronter wrote: »

Nice one thanks dude, cant believe i used to listen to that Dance rubbish, only started listening to alternative metal or metal in general bout 2 year ago. Missed out over so many years haha:)

You're welcome man! That's the great thing about music, there's always something else out there for you. Don't knock the dance though, I guarantee if you listen to it in 5 years time it'll be nostalgia heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I'm gonna go ahead and throw a few of my favourites that I'd think you'd like! And I second the At The Drive-In and Mars Volta recommendations!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 metalover

HEY! You should listen to this band! Metalheads barely know them!
    JAMESON!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zcNNXvLD0&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Have a listen to Down.
    Cracking band.
    Or Clutch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement