Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox SSL record too long problem.

Options
  • 23-11-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭

I'm on the club nintendo website, trying to get something with my star points. I've logged in, but every time I try to click on an item to buy, I get this error:
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to wiipointscard.nintendo-europe.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

I'm on the latest version of Firefox (8.0) and googling this error only gives solutions for versions older than 3.0 (which have options in the security settings that don't appear in my version of Firefox, so I cant follow them) so I dont know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm on the club nintendo website, trying to get something with my star points. I've logged in, but every time I try to click on an item to buy, I get this error:

I'm on the latest version of Firefox (8.0) and googling this error only gives solutions for versions older than 3.0 (which have options in the security settings that don't appear in my version of Firefox, so I cant follow them) so I dont know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry to state the obvious, but have you tried it using another browser? IE (shudder) or Chrome? Looks like a server error and nothing to do with your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

chin_grin wrote: »
    Sorry to state the obvious, but have you tried it using another browser? IE (shudder) or Chrome? Looks like a server error and nothing to do with your browser.

I've tried IE 6.0 and that just fails to connect, gives this error:
    download2.gif
    IE 8.0 gives this error (ignore the circle, I just pulled this image from google).
    IE8_Less_Info_Page.png
    When I run Diagnose Connection Problems, it says there is no error.
    Chrome gives me this error:
    SSL connection error
    Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
    Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

Guess its a problem with the website, then? I will wait a few days and try again, maybe it will get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

chin_grin wrote: »

I've tried IE 6.0 and that just fails to connect, gives this error:
    download2.gif
    IE 8.0 gives this error (ignore the circle, I just pulled this image from google).
    IE8_Less_Info_Page.png
    When I run Diagnose Connection Problems, it says there is no error.
    Chrome gives me this error:
    SSL connection error
    Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
    Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

Everytime you log onto a secure site it gives you a certificate to prove its actually that site. Try deleting some of the certs, dont worry if you delete one by accidet it will renew when you log into that site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Hijpo wrote: »
    Everytime you log onto a secure site it gives you a certificate to prove its actually that site. Try deleting some of the certs, dont worry if you delete one by accidet it will renew when you log into that site again.

I tried deleting a few, but it makes no difference. How do I know which one to delete? Also I'm going to "Options/Advanced/Encryption/View Certificates", which do I delete, servers or authorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Hijpo wrote: »

I tried deleting a few, but it makes no difference. How do I know which one to delete? Also I'm going to "Options/Advanced/Encryption/View Certificates", which do I delete, servers or authorities?

I think its the server certs that get sent to you so try delete a few of those. If its still giving an error conact the websites tech team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement