Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tony hyland copper engraved artwork

Options
  • 23-11-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi i,m seeking information about tony hyland, he works with copper sheeting, creating framed plaques, some of which were on show in dublin airport, there is one posting of his work under arts/crafts on the web, where address/telephone no, are on show, but phone is not working and eircom cant trace him, thanks jim.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ludo_2002

I have a pressed or chased?? copper plaque by Tony Hyland of one of the last Dublin trams. Has anyone got any info on him? Is he still producing items? Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamesjimmy5609

hi i have one my self by him and dont know anything about it it it is a plane commissened by him

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mandymoon2003

Hi there, I am Tony Hyland's niece. He is no longer creating his beautiful artwork. Unfortunately, he suffered a stroke many years ago. I saw these posts and mentioned it to him. It brought him a lot of joy knowing that his work is still sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's very nice Mandy, I designed a brochure for Tony many years ago, possibly his first formal brochure - I recall it had a poem on it. He had very clear ideas of what he wanted on the brochure :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheCopperCelt

Hello, I'm Tony's daughter, Rebecca. Although Dad is no longer making art he has passed his lovely craft on to me.  For anyone who might be interested, my work can be found on Google.  All the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement