Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAPPAD EXPLORER LEAPFROG

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

These appear to be sold out here. If i get my sis in law to pick one up in the US will it work in Ireland? Is it battery operated or plug in?? Also, i've no internet in my house but can download the apps etc from work PC, will it work without Wiifi at home then or does it need to be connected all the time?
    Sorry about all this - am clueless!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Best bet would be to contact them.

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/pages/support.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rubenstanley

Hi all, just to let you know that the Leappads are just back in this morning (in green) at Toys R Us.co.uk. I've just bought 1 after checking everywhere for them. Toys r us will also deliver this free but for Ireland shipping enter postcode ZZ75 0AA. They are reduced to £72.99 - the best price I've seen anywhere, some websites are charging double. Get them quick!!! They are 1 of the top must have toys this Xmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I have a distinct feeling that this was just a set up for a shill.

Hi, take a chill pill, chin_grin. I did my homework trying to get this toy for Xmas for my daughter and decided I'd pass on my hard work for other's trying to find one for their kids.
    P.S.
    I had to look up what shlll meant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bullhilll

Re Leappad Explorer Green- definately a hot toy!. Thanks for the info about stock. However I checked Toys R Us and toys.ie just now and they are all out of stock again but presumably will get more in before xmas. If any Smyths employee or customer knows when they come back in (pref in Ireland) I would be most grateful if you could post?.:pac:

• Advertisement

Hi Bullhilll, Yeah, when I got mine @ Toys r us the other day they were out of stock in morning, had them at lunchtime + were gone again by early afternoon. Keep checking them online a few times daily like I did.
    Also if you email customer services at Leapfrog.co.uk and enquire about them they should email you + add your name to a mailing list for when the leappads become available for pre-order. I tried everywhere but wasn't willing to pay what they were charging on Ebay or Amazon. Hope you have luck getting one!

Hi, just on Amazon this Saturday morning + they have the pink ones back in + they are £79 for anyone who's looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Hey all, one of my outlaws got this by getting a family member to pick it up in a uk Argos and posting it on!

Have a problem though I ran the disk and when I tried to connect the leappad to the internet I was unable to hook up to it. Couldn't even get google to load. Ran the windows diagnostic and it advised me to contact internet service provider. Did a system restore and got internet back!

Anyone have any idea how to get round this I think it may be a conflict with virus guard but don't know enough on how to get round this.

Thanks in advance:D:D:D

Advertisement