Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kittens and trying to tame them..

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

We've taken three kittens in, they were living under our shed, we're going to tame them and then have them rehomed via North Wexford SPCA.

We've been in touch and they've been very helpful and will take them as soon as we thnk they're friendly enough to be around humans...

maybe I just wanted to show this image though... =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Awww, so cute! Just don't turn on the tap :p

I catnapped one of my cats off the side of the N11 when he was a kitten but he was much smaller than these guys so that made my job a little bit easier. The vet reckoned he was about 5-6 weeks old. Even at that age he was very very pointy. So, my advice would be to wear gloves at first. Also, block up any small holes in your kitchen.

My *free* maokanow ended up costing me a fortune when he got in behind the kitchen press. I took it apart because I assumed he was stuck. Only problem was, I couldnt quite work out how to put it back together. Cue telephone call to expensive jack-of-all-trades to do the job for me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Noffles wrote: »
    We've taken three kittens in, they were living under our shed, we're going to tame them and then have them rehomed via North Wexford SPCA.

We've been in touch and they've been very helpful and will take them as soon as we thnk they're friendly enough to be around humans...

maybe I just wanted to show this image though... =)

That's disgracefully cute!
    Try and handle them regularly, rub them etc... and, if possible, try holding them and putting them on your knees.
    It certainly seems to help domesticate them. Two of ours were very young when we adopted them and, as a result, are very tame.
    The third was about a year old when she came in off the street last year and only likes humans touching her on her terms. She'll run if she's not keen on attention whereas the other two are right little attention-whores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Given enough time and attention they should tame nicely , they're young enough for that.
    Seriously cute , I can't help thinking they each have a different daddy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

That picture just made my day a little brighter. :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Brilliant!! They are very cute :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement