Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Help-LA4005

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I was just wondering is anybody else here on the same boat with the legal enviroment of business?I am currently (trying) to study this module,but cant grasp any of it.As this is my first law exam,I was wondering could anyone who did it last year give some tips or possibly any current year law students?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

best advice i can give you as a L&A students(never done that module though) is pay particular attention to the tutorials. Every law moduel ive done so far has had questions that were very similar (theme wise) to the tutorial questions

generally the lectures give you an idea of the final exam in the last lecture, have you had that yet???

good luck in it

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

It's a general module for 4th year business students. (I believe others might take it too, assumingly students who aren't specifically doing a law specific degree)
    Business students take 2 law modules in their final year, LA4005 and LA4008.

The two modules combined cover Contact, legal business environment, tort, company, and commercial law.

From a L&A point of view, these two modules probably cover elements of what is covered in LA4111, LA4122, LA4310, LA4022, LA4530 & LA4540

@stillwater100, I took the module last year. Unfortunately I can't really help you out much. The only advise I could give based on last year is to focus on all the questions covered in the tutorial worksheets (that's assuming the module is being delivered in the same method by the same person).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 girloutside

In relation to last years exam, were there essay questions based on topics on the reading list and from the tutorials?

A lot of the questions came from the tutorial worksheets

thanks for that. so much to cover for it, it seems never ending!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Busi Girl

Was hoping she'd give some hints in the lecture today...waste of an hour :confused:

Hopefully short questions won't be that difficult...pick up a few %'s in them, take a chance by just knowing the questions in tutorials so...

Busi Girl wrote: »
    Was hoping she'd

So it's a different lecturer to last year.

Who is delivering the module this year, is it Susan Leahy by any chance?

Original usernames people!

i thought she said in the email we got during the week that she would mention the part of tort that would be important for the exam?

Ya, and she says defamation isn't in the long questions but a possibility of it being in the short...still going to have to know about it :(

I wouldnt mind only i had prepared that question fully and read all of the stuff on the reading list for that the week before and now its a waste :(

• Advertisement

If she emailed out the slides that were put up yday...i might just stick with what was mentioned on them (still a load though) and know my tutorial answers well enough. How's everyone set for the economics essays or dare I ask?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

havent even looked at them yet, have been at law all week. wont be as bad id say ??

Ya I was at law with the last few days so my heads wrecked from it.
    Going to try and get three economics essays done today :eek: Aah we'll get through it alright :D

I could do with two weeks off before the exams to get everything done, but hopefully they wont be as bad as we think !!

Ya, same as!! Right i'm going to chance an economics essay...besta luck with the study ;)

you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kiyomumizu

The Westlaw articles are so in depth, compared to the basic info we get in lectures. I mean she has copied all her lecture slides verbatim from Keenan's book.

I thought I could handle it but nothing is going in. Went to most lectures and tutorials... Doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

Ya some one asked her how we can do that and she said that after our study for the exam we should be able to identify the wrong answers, and following that ientify the right right answers from the right answers!

Totally Clear now!:D

Its a joke that we have to put up with this in fourth year!

Fingers crossed the mcq's wont be that bad...least there isn't negative marking ;)

What topics you covering for the essay style q's? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Didn't she say Tort would be a big one for the essays?

I know Defamation won't be in section 2 so I just skimmed through it.
    My main tactic now is to go through the cases and to get as much secondary reading as I can.

The latter wasn't easy the last couple of days with Westlaw acting up :mad: The journals wouldn't load :(

Aaah the end is in sight. Hope the Economics goes ok :(

• Advertisement

I am covering two topics in depth for the essay questions. covering everything else in less fepth for MCQ's. What approach are ye taking?

I am covering two topics in depth for the essay questions. covering everything else in less fepth for MCQ's. What approach are ye taking?

What topics did you choose for the essay q's? Ya, negligence and vicarious liability are likely to be up I think...according to others..

And Busi_Girl08, mine weren't working at the start of the week either but i was tryin to open the English version of Westlaw, Irish version under the English :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im covering topic 4 and 5 what about you?

Contract, Employment and bits from Tort... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kiyomumizu

So how did everyone do today?? I'm so glad its over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Kiyomumizu wrote: »
    So how did everyone do today?? I'm so glad its over!!

The mcqs were a dream :)
    Was pretty happy with section 2 as well. That contract question was fairly handy. :D

Bring on Economics!

Advertisement