Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting a class thoughts?

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Ok so what we were talking about doing is seeing if we could meet once a week, my sisters and I, in a public place maybe a library or something, and invite others to come along and start up an informal/semi-formal group study to help encourage each other and maybe find some other learners to practice with, well I have never done anything like this so I am not sure what to do so does anyone have any suggestions?

Mostly what we would do is get together once a week and maybe listen to one of the mp3 lessons each week and then discuss what we heard and practice maybe do some role playing stuff like that and then if we find any music, videos, movies, books we want to share then bring those up kind of like not an actual class but a place to get together and practice and help each other. So anyone have any experience with something like this have some ideas or suggestions?

I did talk to my school about doing a class and they are considering it but they want me to find people and a teacher first and go from there so I am stuck not sure how to go about finding people or a teacher even. But if anyone has any thoughts on that topic also it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Yeah ye will need someone who has better Irish than ye do to facilitate it but that person doesn't have to be fluent, just have been learning for longer than everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Ok so what we were talking about doing is seeing if we could meet once a week, my sisters and I, in a public place maybe a library or something, and invite others to come along and start up an informal/semi-formal group study to help encourage each other and maybe find some other learners to practice with, well I have never done anything like this so I am not sure what to do so does anyone have any suggestions?

Mostly what we would do is get together once a week and maybe listen to one of the mp3 lessons each week and then discuss what we heard and practice maybe do some role playing stuff like that and then if we find any music, videos, movies, books we want to share then bring those up kind of like not an actual class but a place to get together and practice and help each other. So anyone have any experience with something like this have some ideas or suggestions?

I did talk to my school about doing a class and they are considering it but they want me to find people and a teacher first and go from there so I am stuck not sure how to go about finding people or a teacher even. But if anyone has any thoughts on that topic also it would be greatly appreciated.
    As far as I am aware, Irish is taught in the University of Montana, and in St Louis..
    I don't know how far they are from you, but they may have contacts in your area.
    Alternately, try this link for help: http://naaclt.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 phatrat1982

yeah I am not anywhere close to either of those places, both are about a day and day and a half drive one way. But it at least it gives me someplace to contact and ask questions that is a start. Well that website looks promising I guess I will start there cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭whatthefeck

Hi,

This seems like a great site for organizing a meetup, which may be on use to others also.

www.meetup.com

Ádh mór ort!

Advertisement