Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rare Ireland 1953 color home movie West of Ireland Galway

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I just got my first color home movie put on dvd and now put on youtube.
    I bought this original 16mm color home movie off ebay last year.
    The film was shot in the west of Ireland in 1953,
    My dad was born in 1953 in the west of Ireland and I thought it was fantastic to see Ireland and galway like it was when my dad was a child.

so enjoy the film guys.
    and also the cool irish music i got for it.

best wishes.
    Ian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BHbRJ1fJA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

Did i miss galway in that clip or is that a link to a different clip by mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭yenoah

What has this got to do with Galway? Nonetheless Its a beautiful piece of film.

To put a massive lump of text all over it advertising some dam website is just a sin!!! Then when you thought it could not get any worse in terms of sheer taste, the massive text gets animated. I stopped watching at that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Not Galway County. Moving to History.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sorry OP but the dreadful music just caps off an infinitely forgettable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Nice film pity they didn't take more of their entry into Cork harbour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭droicead

I just got my first color home movie put on dvd and now put on youtube.
    I bought this original 16mm color home movie off ebay last year.
    The film was shot in the west of Ireland in 1953,
    My dad was born in 1953 in the west of Ireland and I thought it was fantastic to see Ireland and galway like it was when my dad was a child.

so enjoy the film guys.
    and also the cool irish music i got for it.

best wishes.
    Ian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BHbRJ1fJA

excellent,whats the name of the piece of music?thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Lovely little film. I could almost smell the gorse. I'm not familiar with Galway to know whether it was Galway or not. Enjoyed seeing your film anyway. Thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Lovely little film. I could almost smell the gorse. I'm not familiar with Galway to know whether it was Galway or not. Enjoyed seeing your film anyway. Thanks for sharing.

It's not Galway, apart from the house in Macroom it is Kerry and I would suggest late 1950's, not 1953. The initial part of the opening scene leaving the dock looks like its CGI. The pier at 2.40 is at the Parknasilla Great Southern Hotel.
    It's not history either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

It's not Galway, apart from the house in Macroom it is Kerry and I would suggest late 1950's, not 1953. The initial part of the opening scene leaving the dock looks like its CGI. The pier at 2.40 is at the Parknasilla Great Southern Hotel.
    It's not history either.

I probably would agree with the CGI comment, the lighting in it looks a bit odd all right.

Advertisement