Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vet assistant

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

can i study in galway for vet assistant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ordinary star

Hey!
    Vet assistants are actually known as Vet nurses! :) you can do that course in either UCD or athlone -i'm not sure if there is other places you can do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glamorousdeli

tnks for the reply but i no that but i need to do a fetac course first though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hi I am currently doing a FETAC Level 5 course called Small Animal Care which will hopefully enable me to work my way up to be a Vet Nurse. I could only find one college that does the course in Connaught and that was Sligo College of Further Education.

http://www.careerguidance.ie/plc-courses/1860-Veterinary-Studies-courses

The course isn't widely done around Ireland, there is only a handful of colleges that do it. I have to travel 2 hours each day to get to and from my college. A lot of others in my course either do the same or have moved to be closer. If your really want to do it you will have to make sacrifices, at least thats what I have found. Best of luck.

Advertisement