Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward !!!

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

uh oh,, yano i picked a place to live in london,,steering away from places where theres a live in landlord and now i kinda feel just a tad bit like iv a liv in mammy ,,:rolleyes:,,,one the girls is older then afew of us and were paying rent into her account for the agaency an shes very particular about paying exactly on time,,,its jus most people get paid at the end of month and our rent is due the 23,,,it never really works out well for me ...i get paid the 25 of this month youd think she wouldn mind waitin tilll then

iv jus had her rant about how another girl in the house shud pay on time and better this time,,an theres me thinkin ,,,,ooooh dear! :eek: i cudnt say to her...
    thinkna movin out there to strict and reserved

any one else been abit lapsy daisy with rent dates or maybe its just me:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

its not her fualt i just dont like the set up of paying it into her acccount,,,when she dont own the place,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Eh, it's just you. If you haven't put your rent in by the correct day, then her money is coming out of her account to pay for your rent. What if she doesn't have enough, or has only barely enough, to cover it? Then she's living hand-to-mouth for the next few days waiting for you to get around to transferring what you owe. She's 100% right tbh and I'd be even more forward than she appears to be about saying it. Especially if there's more than one of you. It's very unfair on her.

Put aside your rent when you get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

As said above, put aside the rent money at the start of the month. Easy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's an awkward situation but I've been in her shoes and it's a bit of a headwreck - you're worried that if anyone decides to just do the dog and skip off without paying their share of the rent you get left paying their share.

Equally if you're getting paid out of sync with the due dates on bills and rent it can be a bit of a struggle to make sure you've got the money.

One long-term solution might be to make an arrangement with the landlord to move the rent date to the 1st or 2nd of the month - I've done this at the start of tenancies (arranged a move-in date and paid more than 1 month's rent at the start so that the rolling rent date is more convenient). It's worth asking and I wouldn't have thought it would be too much hassle, especially if it means that it's easier for everyone to ensure that the rent gets paid on time. (You could also ask about all getting put on the tenancy agreement and having a direct debit or whatever to each pay your share every month, though some landlords prefer it to all come from one person as it's less hassle for them to keep track that way...)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you want to get more opinions on this you could take a look at the Accommodation & Property forum, though I'd imagine the responses will be along the lines of what's been posted already...

• Advertisement
Advertisement