Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies hiring database related jobs?

Options
  • 22-11-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

This may be a stupid queston, but I'm considering getting into a career in databases and I'm wondering what kinds of companies around Ireland would hire people for database work? Preferably permanent jobs? also preferably in the dublin area but interested in hearing anything.

Cheers!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

I think most DBA jobs require SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle experience. I would say they are pretty hard jobs to get, well paid though, most of those jobs require a huge amount of responsibility and prior experience handling mission critical data.

Maybe get on to IT recruiters and look at posted job advertisments and see what they are looking for... Microsoft have SQL Server certifications you can go after, MySQL have some too and I would be surprised if Oracle didn't have one as well... but I think the Oracle stuff is really expensive and less accessible to learn... Microsoft and MySQL are more easily learned if that's your thing... Go with which ever one has more job listings I would say...

Advertisement