Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to college in England.

Options
  • 22-11-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

My mother says it dangerous because their is no one to set me right. I feel at the age of 18 i should know right from wrong and am no party animal, in fact far from am a total nerd. Is it really that dangerous to step 5 to 6 hours away from home. Am only applying as a just incase i don't get into college here and plus my course is free in England so cad e an fhadhb ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've applied over there, I'd advise anyone to.

I've got an interview for Cambridge in two weeks, and I've got my applications for Scotland and the north in. The only thing you should worry about...if worry is even the right word, mind, is paying for it. You get a loan from the UK government to pay for college, but if you work in the Commonwealth, you have to pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I went to college in the uk. Dangerous? Certainly not. Even if you go to college here you aren't going to look to your parents for guidance any more often than you would if you are in the uk. They're only a phonecall away anyway.
    I was probably of a similar personality to yours when I was going. It was difficult at times as I missed my friends from home but it definitely helped me grow as a person, find out who I was and stand on my own two feet. And you obviously will make new friends over there anyway.
    I'd say go for it if it's what you want.;)

Advertisement