Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog on train tracks - Phibsboro

Options
  • 22-11-2011 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I was passing Crossguns bridge in Phibsboro yesterday evening around 5pm and there were a load of people looking over the bridge down on to the train tracks. There was 2 Fire Brigade trucks there too (an ordinary one and one of their 'Rescue' trucks).

Being inquisitive I stopped for a look too. There was a dog sitting on the train tracks down below!

I don't know how he got there, was he thrown over or did he jump? For anyone who doesn't know the area, the Royal Canal has a walkway alongside it, and on the other side of the walkway is a set of train tracks. The tracks are about 7 - 10 metres below when you look over the wall - and the wall is only about waist high in places - so the dog may have jumped. But it's a fair drop.

Anyone have any further info on this? I hope he was OK in the end!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The guys on the Emergency Services forum normally don't give out info on specific incidents due to the need to respect the privacy of people effected by certain incidents.
    That said , given this involved a dog as opposed to a human someone there may be inclined to give you the result ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Thanks. I'm sure the dog made out OK as he looked fine when I saw him and there were plenty of rescue personnel there... Just curious as to how he got there, as in did he jump or was he dumped over...

Advertisement