Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud message

Options
  • 22-11-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Got a message today claiming to be from MBNA fraud department asking me to call ./+353719656262. The thing is they don't use an 1800 number. the changed their number to an 0818 number and it doesn't match that either. Had a missed call right before the message, but their was no voice mail. I have called the number they have listed on the c/c and their website and requested a call back from their automated service. Over an hour and still no response.
    Anyone any idea who these numbers belong to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Got a message today claiming to be from MBNA fraud department asking me to call 1800 481036./+353719656262. The thing is they don't use an 1800 number. the changed their number to an 0818 number and it doesn't match that either. Had a missed call right before the message, but their was no voice mail. I have called the number they have listed on the c/c and their website and requested a call back from their automated service. Over an hour and still no response.
    Anyone any idea who these numbers belong to.

Ok well they do have 1800 numbers listed on their website, also the landline number you listed there is on their website.

http://www.mbna.ie/contact-us/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Not happy with them but the message was legit.
    Could bitch about it here. I did actually but website logged me out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Not happy with them but the message was legit.
    Could bitch about it here. I did actually but website logged me out again.

I take you were unhappy with the time it took to get back to you because its fair enough for them to get in touch with you if they suspect fraudulent activity on your account. I would expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Definite01

i got letter from MBNA Fraud Office this morning January 2012, with similar message asking me to ring a 1800 number. Something odd about this... when I rang the 1800 number I was asked for Card and CSV number. I declined. Still not sure if this a hoax as I couldn't get through to official MBNA number. In any case, I'd advise that you do not give out credit card details over to phone - if any doubt, hang up and ring published MBNA office number.

Advertisement