Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceard Teastas

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm currently doing my Hdip and I am thinking of doing the Ceard Teastas to give me more options when applying for jobs next year. Does anyone know how I can go about doing it and where I can get more information on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

didn't even realise you could still do it. Don't bother with it, no one cares about it anymore. It was more a VEC requirement when Dip wasn't required.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

There's a different thing you can do now- Teastas i dTeagasc na Gaeilge. Google it,not sure how many people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

When was the dip not required? Is it normal for schools to have members of staff with no dip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

oat wrote: »
    When was the dip not required? Is it normal for schools to have members of staff with no dip?

At one time it was not a requirement to have a HDip to work in a VEC school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,144 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Ceard Teastas wasn't anything to do with having or not having the Dip. though - it was a requirement to get a job in a VEC school. Part of my interview was in Irish and I am not an Irish teacher.
    Oh, the good old days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement