Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voices of World War One - for history lovers

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

I listened to a few of these - they're quite short but interesting none the less. Snippets and stories recalled by people who were there.

As far as I can gather, they are continuing the series as part of the centenary commemorations up and until 2016.

Well produced, short, sweet and interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sounds very interesting. Will definitely check them out.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Another one worth checking out is 'A History of WWII' - very very detailed and informative. Have learned something new in pretty much every episode so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Another one worth checking out is 'A History of WWII' - very very detailed and informative. Have learned something new in pretty much every episode so far
    This one?

Yep...that's the one..actually listening to Episode 8 now :D

'Great Lives' from the BBC is also worth a listen if you have any sort of interest in history

Can anyone recommend an American history podcast?

Specifically, I'd be interested in something that covers the 1960's through to Vietnam and the Cold War.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 christabe

i'm interested in finding out an american history podcast too please!

Advertisement