Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 6x08- "Sin of Omission" [*SPOILERS WITHIN*]

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Summary:
    Dexter uses lessons he learned from Brother Sam to follow up on some new leads in the Doomsday investigation; Debra butts heads with Captain LaGuerta over the case of a dead call girl.

What did you think of 6x08 'Sin of Omission'? 20 votes

Excellent
    0%
    Pretty good
    15%
    Blazer[Deleted User]xalot 3 votes
    Average
    55%
    rain onRon DMC[Deleted User]tvnutzMadPatrickProwetodMr Velonkay1985Minstrel27Sunny!!Wilson91 11 votes
    Poor
    20%
    Starkjcfshano_88Aarsie5 4 votes
    Awful
    10%
    dangoHerbSimpson 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Average
    Best episode in a while.

Dex really needs to cop on though and stop letting people know he's a killer. First Jonah, and now Travis and the priest. Sloppy, could come back to bite him in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Best episode in a while.

Dex really needs to cop on though and stop letting people know he's a killer. First Jonah, and now Travis and the priest. Sloppy, could come back to bite him in the ass.

It seems completely out of character, but some people would probably say that it's down to his evolving. The way things are going, Dexter will probably have his own chat-show and office by the end of season 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

so much for geller supposedly being in travis' head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Average
    Shane St. wrote: »

how so? if anything I thought this made it more likely he is in Travis' head. Showing up several times as if out of nowhere, looking down at Dexter from the loft before quickly disappearing and somehow getting away despite not exactly being a very fit old man.

Travis could have a split personality and he killed his own sister and tied himself up.

Average

I still haven't seen anything to discount the 'fight club' theory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Average
    tvnutz wrote: »
    if anything I thought this made it more likely he is in Travis' head.

Agreed. This weeks made it look more likely that Travis has a 'dark passenger' within him too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

? This episode all but confirmed it. Adama vanished way too quickly to be real. Tom Hanks Junior just chained himself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Average
    Yeah it's gotten to the point where I'll feel it's a massive twist if Gellar is real.

OK episode but I wish they'd stop treating the audience like idiots. The phone call LaGuerta made after convincing Deb to close the call girl case was ridiculous. It was obvious that's what was going on and she made the call in the middle of police station ffs.

Average
    nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah it's gotten to the point where I'll feel it's a massive twist if Gellar is real.

OK episode but I wish they'd stop treating the audience like idiots. The phone call LaGuerta made after convincing Deb to close the call girl case was ridiculous. It was obvious that's what was going on and she made the call in the middle of police station ffs.

That is basically just trying to give her a storyline because they don't know what to do with her. Annoying and useless character that could be made far more interesting with a bullet in her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

That is basically just trying to give her a storyline because they don't know what to do with her. Annoying and useless character that could be made far more interesting with a bullet in her head.

A part in a DDK tableau would be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Average

I agree but she'd still have that storyline without being so blatant about it. I guess I feel like Dexter is being dumbed down or maybe it's always been that way but I don't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

The only thing that makes me think that Geller is real is that the cops and everyone have pictures of him. If it was a case that Travis had split personality/fight club mode, then they would be looking at a picture of him (travis) rather than the professor...

Average
    The only thing that makes me think that Geller is real is that the cops and everyone have pictures of him. If it was a case that Travis had split personality/fight club mode, then they would be looking at a picture of him (travis) rather than the professor...

Or Geller could be dead, Travis became so brainwashed with him that he couldn't let him go, so absorbed him as his dark passenger. Dexter's Dad is well dead, doesn't stop him popping up

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

I would like if Dex ends up assuming Gellar is just Travis's dark passenger, then Gellar pops up at the end and tells Deb about Dex :D

But no, the fact that there's two more season's in the pipeline probably means it'll be another killer-of-the-season, followed by a wrap up season where something bigger has to happen, right?

Average

Oh he was real alright but is probably dead now,possibly kileld by Travis and now he is the representation of his dark passenger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The best thing about this whole ep was Deb finding the pen, eventually that guys body will be found and somehow Deb will hear about it and put 2+2 together and with any luck that will the beginning of Dexter being found out. Will it happen anytime soon though? My guess is the last season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Poor
    The best thing about this whole ep was Deb finding the pen, eventually that guys body will be found and somehow Deb will hear about it and put 2+2 together and with any luck that will the beginning of Dexter being found out. Will it happen anytime soon though? My guess is the last season.

Well, we all thought that from season 4 ... and it never happened ...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This season is actually worse than the last.

LaGuerta, Batista, his sister, Masuka, the lab geek, Quinn, even Deb - **** off. Their storylines are all tedious and pointless. This is so, so far from seasons 1 and 2 now it's unreal.

I think I'm done with the show.

Advertisement