Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this crate??

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have been using a small pen for my pup but I think I am going to switch to a crate because the cat can jump into the pen and steal the pups food and Its becoming really difficult to track how much food the pup is actually eating!

This crate seems to be really reasonable and free delivery to Ireland. What do you think? Am I missing anything or is it really good value?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0039234PO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I had been looking at the crates on this site http://www.sjebbandsons.com/ also after reading a reccomendation from someone on this site but the one on amazon works out cheaper for the size.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It looks the same as the Jebb one to me so should be fine? Just make sure it'll accommodate the pup as it gets bigger.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

If it is the same as the Jebb one, I would NOT reccommend it. I bought one about three weeks ago for our foster collie pup and she broke through the door of it. The wire is really easy to bend, I've had to bend the door back into shape with my hands. I was delighted at first cos they're way cheaper than the ones you get in the shops but now I know exactly why its cheaper and I had to go off and buy another one in the shop anyway. It has the exact same locks so I'm guessing it is the same one so I wouldn't reccommend it. What kind of pup do you have OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I've had the jebb one for months for our staffy with no problems. Ring them and get your money back if you aren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I've had the jebb one for months for our staffy with no problems. Ring them and get your money back if you aren't happy.

+1 My retriever's been incarcerated in his on crate rest for 4 weeks now and no problems. It's very strong and sturdy compared to the zooplus one but that could be because it's the XXXL size? The bolt/catch things seemed a bit small to me so I put a couple of velcro cable ties on the door to be safe but I would have done that anyways - he escaped from a crate in daycare once so I wan't going to take any chances!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

TillyGirl wrote: »

IV bought a jebb one for my Akita pup who arrives this week should I be worried now about the crate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Ive got two of the jebb crates for my rotties, depending on their humour of the day I could have them both in one crate as they still both fit in one, no problems at all with either one!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Maybe the one I got was just crap quality then or something? But it was the XXL and she managed to bend the bars of the door and get out. I definitely wouldn't put a bigger dog in it, if they're determined to get out I'm pretty sure they will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Shanao that's the same size I have!!

Maybe you got a bad one.. That said I do think if buddy grew a pair he'd get out :p he's such a wuss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thats strange Shaneo, I havent had a problems with mine. I would def ring them up, they should refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Shanao wrote: »
    If it is the same as the Jebb one, I would NOT reccommend it. I bought one about three weeks ago for our foster collie pup and she broke through the door of it. The wire is really easy to bend, I've had to bend the door back into shape with my hands. I was delighted at first cos they're way cheaper than the ones you get in the shops but now I know exactly why its cheaper and I had to go off and buy another one in the shop anyway. It has the exact same locks so I'm guessing it is the same one so I wouldn't reccommend it. What kind of pup do you have OP?

My pup is only a chihuahua so i dont think she will breaking out at any point :)

I just wanted to make sure there wasnt something I was missing as I had originally been planning on buying a crate on zooplus and someone here warned me that the trays at the end are awkward and loud which I would never have known.

She is in a pen at the moment with her bed, her food and water, her toys and a puppy trraining pad so i want to get a crate big enough for all the same stuff so it doesnt feel like a transition...

Thanks everyone for the advice so far. Its quite cheap. Works out around 34 euro including delivery so im really happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ive heard one or 2 bad reports about the Jebb ones and being opened easy enough by the dog if they try hard enough so im not sure if i would recommend one of those ones.

Advertisement