Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical Pregnancy

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I hope this is okhere, I wasn't sure if I should post here or in TTC, and I'd like to stress that I am not looking for any medical advice.

I experienced a chemical pregnancy in September, and this was very sad for my partner and I as we were very excited at the thoughts of being pregnant.
    Now I find my self with all the symotoms again, and a test confirmed I am "pregnant" 2 days before I am due my period.
    I suppose I'm looking to know of other peoples experiences, and I'm concerned about how often this repeats itself people.
    Looking online it suggests that its fairly common, and just manifests as a late period, but I'm afraid to tell my partner I had a positive result incase we find ourselves back in the same position in a weeks time.
    Has anyone had repeated chemical pregnancies? Is this a common experiece?
    Also, at what stage do you stop fretting and accept that you are pregnant?
    Thanks for any help offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Tell your partner. If this ends up being a bad experience, he will want to know and will want to be there for you.

That being said, it may (and statistically speaking, since you asked, probably will) end up fine.

We had a (in the order below):

1) miscarriage at 8 weeks
    2) chemical pregnancy
    3) baby boy :)

Best of luck!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

at what stage do you stop fretting and accept that you are pregnant?

Firstly, Congratulations!

I think you should tell your partner. You need his support through the worry and he needs yours. I dont know how common/uncommon chemical pregnancies are but I do know that I am now nearly 16 weeks along and still fretting a bit. Luckily I'm at the stage where a home doppler is very good at picking up the heartbeat.

The way I see it, you are a mammy now, it's your job to fret from here on in. I am 36 and the mammy still worries about me and probably will until the day she dies. I have no doubt that I will be the exact same nagging this little one to wear a warmer coat when he or she is pushing 40!

I decided a week after I got my positive that I would enjoy the time as best I can. I lost one of the twins I was carrying 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant with twins, and I value that happy time dreaming of double buggies and cots and so on, despite the sadness I will always feel that one didnt make it. Trying not to get hopes up does not make you any less devastated if anything goes wrong so do try to enjoy it though I know it is out of your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Just want to thank you both for replying:)
    I'm very sorry for both of your sad experiences, and I appreciate you sharing with me.
    Your right of course about telling my partner. Regardless of what the future brings, this is what we were both hoping for and worrying won't change the course of the future.
    I took another, less sensitive test, and the result was postitive, so that suggests that the hormone level is rising as it should, so I'm going to share the exciting news with him, and start looking forward to the future,
    Thanks again! And Neyite, I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy from here on in x

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I'm really happy you got the positive. I hope it all goes well for you. :D

Advertisement