Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sedative or similar for dog for long trip

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭

my dog will more than likely have to do a 4 hour car trip in the next few weeks, wondering is it possible to get something from the vets to calm him down and make it easier on him, or will putting him in a travel crate do enough for him..
    hes generally ok for short trips but ive no idea what hel be like for such a long journey..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If he's usually ok then he'd probably be ok. Mine do 5 hour trips to Kerry with no problem. Just give him a break half way to stretch his legs and have a wee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

maybe try a DAP collar. He'll probably be ok though if you stop and let him stretch his legs every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

same as the above posts. i wouldnt sedate a dog if at all possible. ive heard that it can actually make a dog worst. basically it switches their body of but the brain is still working. Some groomers do this and it just makes the dogs worst. i would just be stopping often and letting dog streach his legs/toilet/drink. esp when his ok on short drives he should be ok

Advertisement