Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

I see he's playing the RDS on July 11th and 12th. Any chance he might play Thomond park please? It's the dream gig everyone talks about when mentioning who they want for TP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Would be great alright. I heard Michael Buble was in Thomond Park last Friday discussing a possible concert next Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Springsteen will have a new album out in 2012 as well, so it would be a great time to get a genuine A-Lister to play at Thomond Park.

Have no doubt that Buble would fill the place as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What if the bublé burst? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What if the bublé burst? :D

Well I guess he would have to hold on, do whatever it takes, and not cry me a river otherwise there could be heartache tonight.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They really need a proper rock concert in there, no Pink doesnt count cos she sucks :pac:

I'd love Muse to play there myself, their live shows are incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

NKOTBST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Would be great alright. I heard Michael Buble was in Thomond Park last Friday discussing a possible concert next Summer

......and bore everyone to death.........:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The Boss or Mickey Bubbles....hmmm. Tough one that!

Springsteen would be fantastic for Thomond, fingers and toes crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

.[/QUOTE]
    Springsteen would be fantastic for Thomond, fingers and toes crossed.[/QUOTE]

Dito that. The greatest gig I was at in my life was the boss in the RDS a few years back. The funny thing was I wasn't really a fan of his going in to the gig and left mind blown. Seen him since and bought all the albums.

I'm really disappointed with the acts they have brought in so far. Xfactor sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

theparish wrote: »
    NKOTBST

One word NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

adaminho wrote: »
    I see he's playing the RDS on July 11th and 12th. Any chance he might play Thomond park please? It's the dream gig everyone talks about when mentioning who they want for TP.

Hi adaminho - I have been keeping an eye out and havn't seen the Dublin dates confirmed - where did you see July 11 and 12?! Absolutely can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

NKOTBST

that would make my gf very happy and an easy christmas present from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭adaminho

Osk wrote: »
    Hi adaminho - I have been keeping an eye out and havn't seen the Dublin dates confirmed - where did you see July 11 and 12?! Absolutely can't wait :D

It was in Yesterday's Daily Mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

NKOTBST

New Kids On The Bruce Springsteen Tour?? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

L.T.P. wrote: »
    I heard Michael Buble was in Thomond Park last Friday discussing a possible concert next Summer

Surely Michael Buble wouldn't be in discussions organising his own concerts and there would be someone paid to do that sort of thing.

I was only saying yesterday morning it would be great to have Bruce Springsteen in Thomond Park. It would be a gauranteed sell out. Dublin has the O2, Aviva, Croke Park and the RDS. Surely changing it up and having a big concert outside of Dublin should be on the cards. Michael Buble would also be a gauranteed sell out.

We'll probably end up getting One Direction headlining a concert or something to which they will tell everyone tickets are selling fast only for a few thousand to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

krudler wrote: »
    They really need a proper rock concert in there, no Pink doesnt count cos she sucks :pac:

I'd love Muse to play there myself, their live shows are incredible.

I take it that you haven't seen Pink live?? She's an incredible live act - one of the best shows on the road at the moment, certainly the best female act. I wouldn't classify her as Rock either but her stage show is fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing Bruce again though but would love to see him again in a bigger arena than the RDS. Slane in '85 still ranks as the best concert I was EVER at.

Anybody know what the Concert capacity for Thomond is BTW? RDS is around 30,000 for a concert (18,000 for matches)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

*whistles*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

NKOTBST

isn't it NKOTBSB

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Bruce will be playing the RDS ONLY - Aiken promotions tend to use the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coffeetogo

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    Events/Press Releases - Aiken Promotions

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    & THE E STREET BAND,

17th July 2012,
    RDS Arena, DUBLIN.

Tickets: 96.00 Euros & 86.00 Euros

Tickets go on sale next Thursday 1st December at 9.00am from www.ticketmaster.ie & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

0818 719 300 - Republic of Ireland customers 0844 277 4455 - Northern Ireland customers 00353 1 456 9569 - International customers

www.brucespringsteen.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Got tickets this morning for both concerts. Cannnot wait. 2012 is now made for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Wow some price for a ticket, I do love The Boss but can't afford that price...:(
    coffeetogo wrote: »
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    Events/Press Releases - Aiken Promotions

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    & THE E STREET BAND,

17th July 2012,
    RDS Arena, DUBLIN.

Tickets: 96.00 Euros & 86.00 Euros

Tickets go on sale next Thursday 1st December at 9.00am from www.ticketmaster.ie & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

0818 719 300 - Republic of Ireland customers 0844 277 4455 - Northern Ireland customers 00353 1 456 9569 - International customers

www.brucespringsteen.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 noel6071

You will be able to afford tickets, keep an eye out on ebay plenty of touts have bought tickets and are stuck with them as the 18th of July never sold out and is very unlikely to sell out at this stage, already seen two standing tickets for the 18th of July sell for £100, so keep a look out !!!!

Advertisement