Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Dogs being killed in Ukraine.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

dont agree with the poisoning but to be fair shooting is one of the most humane way to put them down and when they will be put down anyway if caught its alot cheaper. They must have a big problem with strays in any case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

It appears so. They must be breeding in the wild.

i watched a few videos on YouTube after posting seems to be a massive problem with very few people spaying because they Cant afford it. I would say your right about breeding in the wild

Another image posted on FB shows two or three men beating the dogs with sticks and dragging them by the neck before killing them. It's sub human stuff. And then they are displaying them on top of fences. Jez.

Didnt see that. After doin a bit more reading about it they do have a huge problem and rehoming does not seem to be an option so putting them down is the option but for fcuk sake do it right. Beating them before you kill them is just sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

This is pretty common in poor countries when they host international events.
    Looks like Iraq is getting to grips with the problem. They killed 58,000 in three months after 13 people were killed in 1 month by packs of stray dogs.
    China is also another country that killed a load of dogs before the last Olympics.
    I guess this just goes on all the time but when big events happen it draws more attention than normal.
    Not great but in many of these countries animal welfare is not even a priority, it tends to be a bigger issue in wealthy and developed countries that have time and money to devote to the issue.
    Edit: Romania is going to do the same

i read reports from us snipers in Iraq talking about the stray dogs feeding on bodys in the street! Now if Thats not a problem i dont know what is. Also when people start getting attacked and killed by packs something really has to be done. Unfortunate situation to be in but when it gets to that stage killing them to reduce numbers is the best option i think

They should have regulated body to kill the dogs humanly. What I've seen appears to be a free for all. These people handing out the beatings and killings are probably psychopaths. Why would they take photographs of themselves doing it, torture the animal, and once dead display them like trophies.

yeah i agree 100%

Advertisement