Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread*** Tue 22/11 19:15 WES1 SS Rovers

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - Away
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Gary - Away
    Cathal - in
    Collie - in
    Joe - in
    Wes - in
    Aaron - in
    Gavan - in
    Darragh - in
    Declan - in
    Gar - in
    Cormac - in
    Dave - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good performance tonight lads. 2-0 win but we had a few good chances to add to that and they didn't have many clearcut chances.

You can really see how the new additions are all contributing very well and the competition for places is a real positive - it's no coincidence that everyone is showing hunger and fighting for the ball and doing their tracking back right to the final whistle - everyone knows we have to re-earn our spot with each performance. The good use of the bench the past few weeks have also really helped ensure we keep our standards high all the way through, everyone is making a real contribution. Another 3 points down and another big game next week but if we keep sticking to our task each of the remaining games should turn into a big game so keeping the high workrate and passing game flowing should stand to us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Have to say that was an impressive performance. Control of the game and never looking likely to concede given some of the positional changes and tweaks.

I don't go to as many games so am not familiar with new strengths and weaknesses so it was interesting to see the adaptation. I also thought it made a difference that there was a willingness to shoot and shoot early so there was an end-product and the ball was sticking upfront too. Some of their players were very visibly tired by the end chasing the ball and one of them losing it completely. Previous games against that opposition have seen them dominate if they are let.

Great first goal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Have To Agree With What Jules And Daryl Said It Was A Great Team Performance From Everybody And We Played With So Much Confindence. The Thing That Impressed Me The Most Was The Talking Between Everybody There Was No Shouing And Screaming. It Was Also Great To See The Options On The Bench Were So Good And It Meant It Were Not Weakening The Team And It Was A Like For Like Replacement.

That Said On To Next Week And Another 3 Points. We may Even Let Collie Close His Eyes Everytime In Gets In The Opposition Half And A Have A Shot.

Advertisement