Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocking stuff on the telly thread

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I've been meaning to start this for a while maybe it could be stickied

Rock concerts and docs are on various channels and not always the obvious ones so this can be the place to post details. I just saw this one but its repeated in a few hours.

BBC4 2:00am-3:00am (1 hour ) Tue 22 Nov

Mark Lawson Talks to Alice Cooper

The rock star discusses his career in the entertainment industry, including his early work in the late 1960s and the development of the `shock rock' stage show that has made him internationally famous. He also talks about his upbringing in Detroit, his struggle with drug addiction and his hope that his on-stage persona will live on beyond his own lifetime.

Nothing most fans won't already know but entertaining nonetheless.

Coming up on Friday

21:00–22:00 BBC4
    New Power Generation: Black Music Legends of the 1980s
    Prince: A Purple Reign
    2/3. Documentary showing how Prince revolutionised the perception of black music in the 1980s.

22:00–23:50 (film) BBC4
    Purple Rain
    A young, disillusioned Minneapolis musician struggles against a miserable domestic life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Nothing specific but there are often good rock/metal documentaries on Sky Arts. I saw metallica, deep purple, black sabbath, and johnny cash, recently.

Good thread idea.

Advertisement