Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get a tetanus injection

Options
  • 21-11-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I was walking just now and encountered a dog who was on a lead.
    He went towards me and instinctively my hand went out and next thing I felt his mouth in my hand but luckily the owner pulled him away.
    I was wearing gloves, I got home checked my hand and there is no cuts or bleeding. May be very slight bruising not sure how this happened, getting paranoid now, do you think I should get a tetanus.
    I had my jabs when I was younger, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pat1981 wrote: »
    I was walking just now and encountered a dog who was on a lead.
    He went towards me and instinctively my hand went out and next thing I felt his mouth in my hand but luckily the owner pulled him away.
    I was wearing gloves, I got home checked my hand and there is no cuts or bleeding. May be very slight bruising not sure how this happened, getting paranoid now, do you think I should get a tetanus.
    I had my jabs when I was younger, thanks

How younger?

get another jab done, no harm in it and worth it for the protection and piece of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Nah your fine didnt break the skin and you were wearing gloves, unless your over 35 you still have immunity from your shots providing you got them aswell, so dont worry

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

If you have no cuts or wounds then there is no need for a tetanus shot.

Advertisement