Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Goose Chase

Options
  • 21-11-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

yesterday I was at the Inch Levels on a wild goose chase.

There are reports of 2 Taiga Bean geese and 5 Greenland white-fronted geese.

All I saw were Greylags and Canada geese with 100s of Whoopers.

A small group a Brents were at the west dam wall.

On the small island south of where Inch Road crosses the water there 100s of Golden plover putting on great aerial displays. Good numbers of Lapwing, Teal, Widgeon, Goldeneye, Greylags and small number of Shovelers.

Mark
    Antrim town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Did you by any chance check the Brents for colour rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

none had rings

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

yesterday I was at the Inch Levels on a wild goose chase.

There are reports of 2 Taiga Bean geese and 5 Greenland white-fronted geese.

All I saw were Greylags and Canada geese with 100s of Whoopers.

A small group a Brents were at the west dam wall.

On the small island south of where Inch Road crosses the water there 100s of Golden plover putting on great aerial displays. Good numbers of Lapwing, Teal, Widgeon, Goldeneye, Greylags and small number of Shovelers.

Mark
    Antrim town
    Bean geese can be hard spotted when with loads of greylags. The first Bean (Taiga) goose I ever saw was in your part of the World in Armagh, 2006. Took 4 visits to fing the divils:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Heard this evening that the Bean geese were among the Greylags that were feeding with the swans on the stubble field with the giant straw bales

Advertisement