Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the regional (again)

Options
  • 21-11-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭

it is now four twenty, people are waiting since one o clock in the orthopedic clinic, i am told that the surgeon has not left croom as of now, do folks think that he will turn up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FatMickey

flutered wrote: »
    it is now four twenty, people are waiting since one o clock in the orthopedic clinic, i am told that the surgeon has not left croom as of now, do folks think that he will turn up.

Has he turned up yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

why dont you call there and see for yourself

flutered wrote: »
    why dont you call there and see for yourself

Please god no,

I spent the bones of 4 months out there while a family member was tripping in and out of a coma, only went home to wash / change and eat then I was back out there slept in the car opposite the emergency entrance and I can tell you it opened my eyes to see what they have to put up with from people that they are trying to help both inside and outside the hospital

The people working in the intensive care unit don’t escape the agro either, one bloke that was 3 beds away from where I was holding the hand of a family member that was being kept alive by machines…. He went into a rant and dumped his pee pot over a nurse while his 2 visitors giggled,

When I got back to the little waiting room his 2 visitors and the rest of his family were in hysterics as they were told about what he had said and done,

And no it wasn’t the drugs that they were giving him that made him do what he did.. I was there for most of the 3 days that he was in IC and it seemed to me that he was in full control of his faculties, I was told later who he was and that explained a lot to me,

I really do feel sorry for the pressure that the folk who work in the place have to put up with day in and day out,

The good news is they managed to save the life of one of my family and for that I’m for ever grateful

God give them strength to carry on, A few more staff wouldn’t go amiss either

a few more of the proper staff you mean, i have unfortunatly spent too much time there as a patient, i made the mistake of being polite, i never asked questions, i never shouted or roared, i never asked for anything but to be treated humanely, it was a bridge too far for some out there, one medic with no english sent a report to my gp after i was sent in by ambulance as i was locked into one position, this patient is doing this to draw attention to himself, another claimed that there is nothing wrong with him or never will be, nowdays i am almost imobile due to ostioarthritis, i could go on, but i would be only wasting band space

Apologies to you if for some reason you took offense at something I have written above as I had no intention of belittling the suffering that you are having to deal with,

I was just stating what I had seen out there, this cold spell of weather must be giving you some grief as it does with most people suffering with similar ailments,

All I can do is wish you luck and hope you find something to relieve you from some of the pain, <snip>

Again I have to say that I did not mean to disrespect you in any way :cool:

• Advertisement

when one gets to my age, then has gone thro what i am going thro, one never takes exception to anything any one says or does, no need to apologise, it took some guts to do that in public, you sir/ madam are a great person.

Advertisement