Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of battery is this

Options
  • 21-11-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

can anybody tell me what type of battery this is ?? and idea idea were i can buy them from,its for an acog scope and what the voltage of the battery is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's actually a stack of cells. Probably LR44/SR44. You should be able to split that plastic and separate the cells.
    The negative side of the cell will show you a code of some description, usually beginning with an SR or LR, then a couple of digits. That's the cell size.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭scotsman1990

its not a stack of cells i got some lr44's and there to big, any other ideas

Split the plastic. Unless you've got one of those ridiculous mercury oxide sub cells, it's a stack. It may not be LR44, but they're almost always a button cell stack. Certainly, my four ACOGs all take them.

i split the plastic and its a solid battery,any ideas ??

Looks like it is that ridiculous mercury oxide cell after all. Mea Culpa.
    Is there a code marking on it anywhere at all, plastic or otherwise?

Your two best bets are Maplin (though don't expect them to know what it is, they may at least stock it without realising) or a decent camera store (those cells are often used in older film body cameras).

Wrap a bit of insulation tape around where the plastic was. That exposed metal is the negative conductor of the cell. The last thing you need is it shorting off a coin in your pocket and going a bit... well... explodey.

• Advertisement

thanks man i was looking around and it looks like a CR123A battery, they have them on airsofteire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I'm not so sure it's a CR123A - it looks on the small side for it. CR123A's are used a lot in Airsoft flashlights etc, but looking at your pictures...it just doesn't seem to fit. You say it's from an ACOG - my ACOG uses smaller button cells. I wouldn't have a hope of fitting a CR123A in it.

I'll defer to Dex on this one, but perhaps you could size up the stack of button cells, and go for them instead of this apparent outdated battery?

the only thing it said on the battery was MYJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

the only thing it said on the battery was MYJ

Maybe there website will help!:)
    http://www.myjbattery.com/cgi/search-en.cgi?f=introduction_en_1_+company_en_1_+product_en&t=introduction_en2_1_&title=Characteristics

Also another company with similar name;
    http://hpstbattery.en.alibaba.com/

thanks man i e mailed the company to find out what type of battery it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭I Armour I

WAs going to start my own thread on this but was the type of battery ever found? or where to buy replacements?

I have the very same battery and perhaps the same ACOG.....

--Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Input havin to start a new thread on this as stated before, I am in need of help with this as lr44s are too big to fit... Any help lads?

Advertisement