Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handing in notice?

Options
  • 21-11-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I'm just wondering as I"m currently a contractor in a company. The contract is due to finish at the end of this year, but i'm just wondering what my notice period is as I have been asked to interview for another job and they need to know when I can stop.

My contract with the recruitment agency mentions nothing about resigning but under termination it says:

Except in cases of gross misconduct, when the company reserves the right to make immediate dismissal, one weeks notice of termination of employment will be given and is required by the company. The company reserves the right to pay you one week’s salary in lieu of notice.

Does the bit in bold mean I need only give one weeks notice?

Thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement