Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you pampered pets getting from Santa Paws?

Options
  • 21-11-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Are we allowed mention the C word on here yet?

What are you're lot getting from Santa Paws? Are you making sometimes or buying them something nice. My lot are happy with a Christmas roast din dins but my girls will be getting their pressies early, some insulated kennels.
    Need to order a new perch for the tiel and not sure what to get the Papillon yet maybe just some extra chicken, he already got his new coat.
    Have my eye on a bone shaped toy box for the dogs but that might have to wait.

What are your brats getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Doggies, new collars, prob some toys too. We're moving soon too so will see whats needed in new place.

Cats, cat tree and new covered litter boxes as they will be shut in house until used to new place.

I also give christmas dinner, Turkey, broccoli, peas/green beans, carrots, yorkie puds(my daughter insists we have them with every roast dinner) and I will make sweet potato chews for doggies, they go nuts for them. Ollie even stole them hot from the oven last time:rolleyes:, had to keep dropping them 'cos they were so hot, but still tried to run away with them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lucycat

Never too early for the C word in my book! Insulated kennels sound cool :D

Our girl Izzy (a Havanese) is getting a new sister who we will pick up this weekend, a Shih Tzu called Phoebe.

Binky (the formerly obese rabbit) is getting new rabbit toys and a new grooming kit.

Sophie & Jersey, my nutter kittens are getting a new Stinky Mouse (catnip toy which smells like a foot), a new cat tree, new tunnels and a new scratching post. Phew!

I will probably get them lots more stuff too, they are spoiled rotten :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

as its my girls first xmas at home i'll be making a fuss of her so she gets this

wp57308ad5_05_06.jpg
    19mm%20Plain%20Lead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

we will be taking another trip to the swimming pool.....cant wait:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

mymo wrote: »
    ... I will make sweet potato chews for doggies...

ooh can you post the recipe please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Lpfsox wrote: »
    ooh can you post the recipe please?

No problem, got it off here somewhere, someone posted it a doggies treats thread.

Take a large long sweet potato, slice lengthways, each slice about 1cm thick, place on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake in a low oven (think 120-130, whatever you bake christmas cake at, sorry can't remember)

You cook them slowly for hours, turning a couple of times, they should reach a leathery texture, little wrinkled, then leave to cool.

It takes some experimentation to get just right, all ovens differ, and I have found the time differs depending on the thickness.

They can be kept in the fridge or frozen (they freeze really well), my two love them, Ollie dances when he see's them come out of the oven, he never does that for any treats I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

thanks for the sweet potato recipe :-) will give it a trial run before xmas.

my little oscar (dog) has his xmas stocking hanging up already :D. He'll be getting some bones, toys and maybe a new cushion for his bed (now that he has finally stopped chewing everything).

Advertisement