Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardagh

Options
  • 21-11-2011 1:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone direct me to a place called 'Moor' in Ardagh?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Ehh, it's just after the Football Pitch (100metres) if you are heading towards Carrickboy.

maps.google.ie put moor, ardagh in to the default Location box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Many thanks, appreciate it. I tried it with Google Earth but found nothing.

slowburner wrote: »
    Many thanks, appreciate it. I tried it with Google Earth but found nothing.
    No bother.

Just incase you don't know, do you see the little yellow man on the left of the map? if you drag and drop him on to the Map you can see what the Area looks like from the Road.

You have to drop him on a road.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

nothing better than a trip to ardagh city :)

spirit_77 wrote: »
    nothing better than a trip to ardagh city :)
    Where's that?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

may have exaggerated :p who wants a city when ya can have a village anyway :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

No bother.

Just in case you don't know, do you see the little yellow man on the left of the map? if you drag and drop him on to the Map you can see what the Area looks like from the Road.

You have to drop him on a road.
    I dropped the yellow man on the road and had a tour around. Beautiful place.
    My great grandfather lived in number 14 and then number 16 Moor, Ardagh back in the 1901 and 1911 census. I was trying to see if either house is still there but I think not, sadly.

slowburner wrote: »
    I dropped the yellow man on the road and had a tour around. Beautiful place.
    My great grandfather lived in number 14 and then number 16 Moor, Ardagh back in the 1901 and 1911 census. I was trying to see if either house is still there but I think not, sadly.
    Ooh, I can't help you with that, sorry. Their doesn't really seem to be any houses that look old enough to be from that time frame....Celtic Tiger for ya.

Their was another Boardie on this Forum looking for an old Family Home a few months back, nearly the same road funnily enough, the House was still their, he was asked in for Tea!

Maybe some one on here from that Area can give you more info if you give it a few days...

I live in hope!

Advertisement