Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audible.co.uk - Free Audio Book

Options
  • 21-11-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Got an email regarding Amazons black friday deals and at the bottom of the email is a link to a free 1 month membership to audible.co.uk that also includes one free audio book.

I was going to get the new alan partridge book anyway so now I have the audio book for free!

Here's the link I got, not sure if it's unique to each email sent out?

http://www.audible.co.uk/t1/DefaultABFT30?source%5Fcode=AMN30DFT1Bk901KEM111611

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I signed up by going to the site - I think there's a regular "the first one is free" going on with audible.

When you sign up you have to give your credit card details to sign up for a £7.99 a month subscription, but you can cancel within the first 30 days and keep the audio book. As they're linked to Amazon, I allowed them to pick up the details from my Amazon account.

I downloaded a book, then went to cancel membership. At that point it offered me the following:
    Leaving so soon? Stay and get 50% off your next three months of membership. Maybe your trial period didn't give you enough time to learn about the great benefits of Audible monthly membership. Stay and get to know us better, and we'll give you 50% off your next three months of membership.
    • Enjoy your next three months of membership for just £3.99 per month, and £7.99 per month thereafter
    • One monthly credit to purchase an audiobook from our extensive range
    • Member-only sales and promotions
    • Access to our Members' Page, where you'll find free downloads, news on forthcoming releases and more

From rooting around on the site I found that you can cancel your membership at any stage:
    http://audible-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4055/

As an Audible customer you are able to remove your membership plan at any point prior to the next billing date (make sure any available credits are be used up before cancellation as these will be lost when the plan is removed).
    By being a member you get 1 credit per month. 1 credit seems to buy you one book, and you can roll up to 6 credits. When you cancel you lose any outstanding credits (so spend them before you cancel), but you still have access to the books you've already purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

It's a great deal. Used it before and very happy with the free book. I then downgraded my membership to a sort of pay as you go version that doesn't charge me anything unless I buy a book. I think that even came with a free audio version of a daily newspaper but I've never listened to that.

However a lot of books are more than 1 credit so don't think you will be able to log on and get the latest best seller for free. I wanted Game of Thrones but that was 3 or 4 credits as I recall.

Advertisement