Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling / buying

Options
  • 21-11-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Has anbody had any luck selling their vans in last while , i advertised my hymer in sept and only had a few calls . Is it just the wrong time or what , is it the price or does it look crap in the ad???????
    I thought i would have it sold by now ...:confused:
    here s the link (hope its ok to put it up)
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/2558803

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi DVD2009,
    That looks like a lovely van at a very reasonable price. I m surprised you havn't had more interest in it.
    I was told by a dealer recently that the sales of family size vans had slowed down considerably due to the times we're in and the smaller 2/3 berth vans were selling very well. A class vans also selling well.
    kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Similar 'vans are advertised on mobile.de in the region of €16,000+ but add on VRT and the cost of collection/ferries and your price is very competitive.
    From the pics it looks like a nice compact 'van at just under 6m long. Best of luck but I think the market here must be really dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

Hi DVD2009
    As the others have said that's a nice looking van and at a good price. With respect to the ad itself and based on my fairly recent experience as a buyer here are my suggestions.

1) Photos, photos and more photos. Your van looks nice but I can only see one exterior view of it. This used to greatly frustrate me when I was doing my window shopping on the internet. As a buyer, at a minimum, I want to see all sides of the van and even a picture of the roof. And while you're at it why not awning in awning out etc. You say you have new tyres so why not a nice close up photo of one of them. Also (for example) I not only want to know that there is a bike rack I want to see it!

2) Still on photos. Some of the photos of the inside of the van are very dark and it is hard to see the detail. If you have a buddy with a decent camera get them to take a few nice shots of the inside. When I was buying I would spend ages looking at photos of the vans I was interested in. This wasn't about looking for faults it was about being sure that the layout etc was what would suit us.

3) Also IMO the description is a bit light and could be beefed up a bit.

When I was buying I went to look at a van that had lots of photos and good detail in the description. Naturally I spoke to the owner in some detail beforehand as well. So we get there having travelled the guts of 100miles and the first thing we notice is some damage on the side of the van that had been excluded from the photos. It was minor cosmetic damage but because the owner had said nothing about it and had excluded it from the photos it put us on the back foot straight away. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with yours but why not reassure me with photos?

Anyway my overall point is yes you van appears as though it does actually live up to its "mint condition" description but those photos just don't do it justice.

Hope that helps and best wishes for a sale but I suspect it you will be seeing longer evening before you get some serious buyers.

WW

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

WildWater wrote: »
    Hi DVD2009
    As the others have said that's a nice looking van and at a good price. With respect to the ad itself and based on my fairly recent experience as a buyer here are my suggestions.

1) Photos, photos and more photos. Your van looks nice but I can only see one exterior view of it. This used to greatly frustrate me when I was doing my window shopping on the internet. As a buyer, at a minimum, I want to see all sides of the van and even a picture of the roof. And while you're at it why not awning in awning out etc. You say you have new tyres so why not a nice close up photo of one of them. Also (for example) I not only want to know that there is a bike rack I want to see it!

2) Still on photos. Some of the photos of the inside of the van are very dark and it is hard to see the detail. If you have a buddy with a decent camera get them to take a few nice shots of the inside. When I was buying I would spend ages looking at photos of the vans I was interested in. This wasn't about looking for faults it was about being sure that the layout etc was what would suit us.

3) Also IMO the description is a bit light and could be beefed up a bit.

When I was buying I went to look at a van that had lots of photos and good detail in the description. Naturally I spoke to the owner in some detail beforehand as well. So we get there having travelled the guts of 100miles and the first thing we notice is some damage on the side of the van that had been excluded from the photos. It was minor cosmetic damage but because the owner had said nothing about it and had excluded it from the photos it put us on the back foot straight away. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with yours but why not reassure me with photos?

Anyway my overall point is yes you van appears as though it does actually live up to its "mint condition" description but those photos just don't do it justice.

Hope that helps and best wishes for a sale but I suspect it you will be seeing longer evening before you get some serious buyers.

WW
    I agree, good photos can make a huge difference, dont use your phone, use a flash inside, open drawers/ lockers etc,and crop your outside pics to show just the camper,pick a bright day ( i know!)
    G.L.W.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

thanks guys , the van got sold today .

• Advertisement
Advertisement