Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 year old jack russell peeing in house

Options
  • 21-11-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi can someone please advise me. My 8 year old jack russell bitch has started peeing in the house. This is so so not like her at all. I`ve also noticed that when i let her out she will pee every few minutes and each pee seems to take forever, its as if her bladder is filling up again as soon as she empty it. There is no change in her behavior she`s still full of energy and her appetite is great. We did move to a new house 2 months ago but its only in the last 2 weeks she has started doing this. Its really like as if she just can`t hold it. could it be her age or the move or could it be possible she has a urine tract infection? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd be getting her to a vet first anyway just to rule it out any medical reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah deffo bring to the vets, she could have a bladder or kidney infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 roseann

Thank you Toulouse and Andreac for your advice, i brought my baby to the vet and it turns out she does have a urine tract infection and he also cleansed her anal glands. she`s on antibiotics now and with lots of tlc she`ll be fine in know time thank god.

Advertisement