Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDI skills

Options
  • 21-11-2011 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

What types of jobs are looking for skills and experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) eg. P.O.s ASNs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JSP

Is the trend in Ireland for companies to use EDI for Purchase Orders, ASNs and Invoices, or do they use XML or something else?

Is the trend toward Microsoft Sharepoint as the preferred method of processing P.O.s, ASNs, and Commercial Invoices?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ths wouldn't be a college assignment question, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I know a multinational in Ireland that uses EDI. If thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

What types of jobs are looking for skills and experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) eg. P.O.s ASNs

what exactly do you mean? Do you mean a job creating and filling in POs ASN etc or do you mean a programmer who is creating the code to send data via EDI ?

• Advertisement

amen wrote: »
    what exactly do you mean? Do you mean a job creating and filling in POs ASN etc or do you mean a programmer who is creating the code to send data via EDI ?

Both. Companies need to exchange P.O.s, ASNs, Invoices etc. Smaller companies may use simple spreadsheets and send them by email.
    My question is, what is the current trend in Ireland, eg. is it toward using the Internet to exchange the documents in an XML format,
    or some other method, eg. Microsoft Dynamics etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I work in EDI, we use Biztalk.

Advertisement