Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denture question.

Options
  • 21-11-2011 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if dentures can be fixed permanently in place?
    The idea of loose dentures doesn't appeal and I could never afford to pay for implants!
    I'm on the verge of losing my last few teeth, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

a couple implants under the denture in each jaw would not be beyond most budgets and would greatly enhance comfort and stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

a couple implants under the denture in each jaw would not be beyond most budgets and would greatly enhance comfort and stability.
    Thanks for your input :) would you happen to know an average price for this?

3000-4000 per jaw. that would be 2 implants and a denture per jaw.

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

I just have one more question about this, with spending such an amount of money, do I have any comeback if something was to go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Unfortunately, you don’t really have any comeback unless the dentist screws up spectacularly. Patients have little or no rights when dealing with dentists so choose your dentist well

Oh I don't know about that. I, for one, guarantee all my major work for 5 years. ie if your crown breaks within 5 years I replace it n/c no questions asked. My lab gives me a similar guarantee.

Dentures are different insofar that they wear out like car tires. The average life expectancy is 7-15 years. If you have metal framework dentures resting on implants they last a long time. Replacing worn denture teeth is not very expensive.

As for implants, once they have bonded in well then they should last a long time. It's kind of like artificial hips though. Part of the success depends on your body. You have to keep them clean etc. If you are a smoker or diabetic etc, those things work against you. On the other hand your life expectancy will be shorter so the implants may still last for life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

There are no guarantees with biology, what comeback did you have on your natural teeth the most valuable dental work you had. If you look after things and the dentist does a good jobs you will get good function for a long time. Complications and maintenance are needed from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

3000-4000 per jaw. that would be 2 implants and a denture per jaw.

8000 euro to have your dentures screwed into place? damn thats not small change

CyberJuice wrote: »
    8000 euro to have your dentures screwed into place? damn thats not small change

true enough, but you would have no problem shelling out a similar amount for a rickety little car which at best wouldn't last more than 10 years.

The best thing of course is to keep your natural teeth which come free and are meant to last a lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

t

The best thing of course is to keep your natural teeth which come free and are meant to last a lifetime.

Yeah for sure lol

could be using some of that 8 grand to get the girlfriend some big boobs rather then having to invest in some teeth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

All the arm candy in the world won't stop people wondering why your teeth are falling out of your head. 8k would be very good value for that job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

All the arm candy in the world won't stop people wondering why your teeth are falling out of your head. 8k would be very good value for that job

What job? The teeth or the boobs??

Advertisement