Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology project/design task 2012

Options
  • 20-11-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Any ideas lads

A. Design and make a revolving jewellery tree. The unit must include an integrated lighting
    system that switches on automatically in darkness.

B. Design and make an electro-mechanical paper towel dispenser. The unit must allow for the
    convenient refilling of the dispenser.

C. Design and make a model of a lightweight structure/enclosure that could be used to host an
    event at the 2012 Olympic Games. Your solution must incorporate an automatic lighting
    system to enhance the appearance of the structure at night.

D. Design and make a novelty toothbrush holder for the bathroom. The holder must incorporate a
    timer with a suitable output which indicates to a child that s/he has brushed his/her teeth for a
    sufficient period of time.

E. Design and make a working model of an electro-mechanical golf trolley. Your solution must
    incorporate a means of controlling the speed of the trolley.

F. Show jumping is a very popular sport in Ireland and throughout the world. Design and make a
    working model of a fence for a show jumping event, where the height of the fence can be
    adjusted electro-mechanically (limit/proximity switches should be incorporated as part of the
    control system).

Think i'll be doing C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

I went with the jewellery tree thinking it would be easy but it is so god dam hard to do the working drawings.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

I know to think some people went with F :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I'm doing C..
    Also my technology teacher was talking to an examiner and he said you will be deducted marks if you don't have a stand for the audience :)

How did people go for f?! :eek: 11 people in my class are doing it!! looks so complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

AulBiddy wrote: »
    I'm doing C..
    Also my technology teacher was talking to an examiner and he said you will be deducted marks if you don't have a stand for the audience :)

How did people go for f?! :eek: 11 people in my class are doing it!! looks so complicated

cool do you know what your doing????

I can't believe I'm doing D, I was going to do B but I'm just really bad at design. Good with circuit boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

Hows everyone doing? What stage are ye @ ?

am way ahead from everyone else in my class in the jewellery tree. should be finished very soon.

Anyone finished yet?? I have a good bit to do on the portfolio and a small bit more on the artefact. Can't wait to get it done and out of the way next week.

am nearly finished mines aswell but i cant get my circuit to work even though it is wired correctly and i have alot to finish in the folder. i should finsh the folder before this week ends.

conall122 wrote: »
    am nearly finished mines aswell but i cant get my circuit to work even though it is wired correctly and i have alot to finish in the folder. i should finsh the folder before this week ends.

What one are you making??

• Advertisement
Advertisement