Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Xbox trade-in offer in Gamestop

Options
  • 20-11-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Gamestop are currently a great trade-on offer for iPhones

They are offering major reductions on new XBOX 360 250GB consoles if you trade in an iPhone

10euro if you trade in a 32GB iPhone 4
    20euro if you trade in a 16GB iPhone4
    40euro if you trade in a 32GB iPhone 3GS
    50euro if you trade in a 16GB iPhone 3GS

and other older iPhones

CPW are currently giving 100euro trade-in a 16GB 3GS

The console is currently 249.99 in Smyths and 229.99 (inc a game) in HMV so they are being quite generous on the trade in values

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

You would get a hell of a lot more for your phone on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

54kroc wrote: »

Less bother for people though, it wouldn't be me anyway, does anyone know what GS are doing with these phones BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

You get 270 quid for your iphone 4 16gb on o2 recycling http://recycle.o2online.ie/phoneSelected.asp?phoneID=2932

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

jahalpin wrote: »
    Gamestop are currently a great trade-on offer for iPhones

They are offering major reductions on new XBOX 360 250GB consoles if you trade in an iPhone

10euro if you trade in a 32GB iPhone 4
    20euro if you trade in a 16GB iPhone4
    40euro if you trade in a 32GB iPhone 3GS
    50euro if you trade in a 16GB iPhone 3GS

and other older iPhones

CPW are currently giving 100euro trade-in a 16GB 3GS

The console is currently 249.99 in Smyths and 229.99 (inc a game) in HMV so they are being quite generous on the trade in values

Do you work for Gamestop or something?

How,in any way shape or form is this a bargain alert?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

What a rip off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Do you work for Gamestop or something?

How,in any way shape or form is this a bargain alert?
    :confused:

I don't work for Gamestop

They are offering very high trade-in values on a redundant phone which would probably be lying around your house gathering dust

Most places are only offering between 75 and 110 for a 16GB 3GS, while Gamestop are offering 200euro off the retail price of a popular console

They did a similar trade-in offer a few years ago on the 360 where you could trade in an old PS2 and get the XBOX for 99euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Most places are only offering between 75 and 110 for a 16GB 3GS, while Gamestop are offering 200euro off the retail price of a popular console

Cex offering €177-€219 cash, depending on condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

They are offering very high trade-in values
    on a redundant phone which would probably be lying around your house gathering dust

They did a similar trade-in offer a few years ago on the 360 where you could trade in an old PS2 and get the XBOX for 99euro
    yeah but 10 euros for one of them apple phones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

They are offering very high trade-in values on a redundant phone which would probably be lying around your house gathering dust

An Iphone 3gs is far from a redundant phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

OH! The CONSOLE is 10 euro if you trade in an iPhone4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Have to agree with the other posters. Since you can get the same if not more from other sources, there is no real value in this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

If I trade in an iphone 4 they will give me an xbox for 10 euro?

Seems ok to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There's a lot to be said for being able to walk into a bricks and mortar shop rather than advertising your phone or putting it on ebay. The reduced hassle is worth a premium.
    If you're after a console and have a 3gs 16gb, its a good deal. Probably not worth it if you have a 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

^^^
    This

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think it's fair to say the op could have worded it a little bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Ohhhh it's the Xbox that's a tenner. Ahhhh! I was quite perplexed by the whole wording of the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

markien wrote: »
    How much is iPhone 3GS (32GB) ? Can be lower than there?
    Apple iPhone 3GS (32GB) Black Color

that site looks super-dodgy, and even if it is genuine you'll get stung by customs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Did people really think they were offering €10 for an iPhone 4?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone know what the offer is if it's an iPhone 2G?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Soarer wrote: »
    Did people really think they were offering €10 for an iPhone 4?:confused:

Well, it is Gamestop, so it is not that far fetched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

54kroc wrote: »
    You would also get a lot of low-ball offers and swaps offering used pampers and faulty washing machines. Adverts.ie is a joke of a site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

tinodz wrote: »
    Well, it is Gamestop, so it is not that far fetched.
    Ah it is if they're giving you €50 for a 16GB 3GS and only €10 for a 32GB 4! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Now if this was for broken iPhones, maybe then it would be a bargain.. But you ought to be silly to trade in an iPhone 4 for that rubbish price.. Get way more on ebay/adverts or even selling it to a mate..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

So they are basically giving you the equivalent of €210 for an iPhone 4 16GB (going by the value of €230 for the xbox 360 in HMV).

Never mind the much higher price you'd get on ebay (easily > €300), if you didn't want the hassle, you would get €270 from o2 here:

http://recycle.o2online.ie/phoneSelected.asp?phoneID=2932

Which would allow you buy the xbox for €230 in hmv and use the extra €40 to buy another game, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

A post in the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Does the iPhone have to be working? Have an iPhone. 4 that won't switch on after being in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

hartie wrote: »
    in the sea?
    Oh my god!
    Yes the owner went on a boat and fell in I think with it in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

now if this was a trade in for a PS3 console I would of had it .. my 3gs is just a spare phone at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The iPhone has to be in working order

This is a good deal for me as I have a 16GB 3GS to trade in and I want to get a new XBOX 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

This is a good deal for me as I have a 16GB 3GS to trade in and I want to get a new XBOX 360

Despite the fact that many people have pointed out you could get the XBox AND cash by posting it off to o2? Well, ok, go for it. Great bargain...

...for Gamestop.

Advertisement