Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering money an account under 2 names?

Options
  • 20-11-2011 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi another thread from me. I was just trying to transfer money to another ROI AIB account that is under two names. But when I went to type in the name they wouldn't let me include enough characters for the name to fit?

Lets just say the account is under the name "John & Jane Smith". When I go to type this in it has a letter limit so it only lets me type in "John & Jane Smi".

Is there a certain way Im supposed to be doing this, like just using the first name or is just another mess up by AIB or whoever designed the website?

Im pretty angry with AIB tonight :mad:
    Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

im with aib. i use online banking. ive put random characters in there before and it has transferred without issue. in my experience its only the sort code and account number that they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I assume you are referring to this screen:

181990.jpg

If so, the name is merely whatever name you want to give it. An account is identified by the nsc and a/c number - never the name. The name is for yourself so you can choose it when any time in the future.

You got pretty angry over this???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Do you have enough room for J&J Smith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Ah thats grand. I went ahead and transfered the money then. Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement