Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with bank withdrawing money.

Options
  • 20-11-2011 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Last week I went to the AIB atm to withdraw money. I selected to withdraw €90, however the machine wouldn't dispense this and it said something along the lines of "error €00000". So I canceled it and took my card out and went inside to make a withdrawal of €50. They said in there that the machine was probably out of 20 euro notes.

Anyway. When I looked at my statements today I noticed it debited the €90 from my account listed as the ATM. I did not actually take this out due to the error and its shortly followed by the transaction I got from inside the bank so they're not the same.

Will this money be put back into my account or will I have to go down and talk to them, will they look for evidence that I tried to make the transaction? Im really annoyed over this & I'm 100% sure I didn't leave money in the machine or anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most likely an ATM error. These are nrmally self-correcting within a few days as the machines balance themselves. If not, you'll need to contact your branch for them to investigate further.

Advertisement