Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garages Letterkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Would a garage open till 10 at night for general car repairs, NCT preparation etc., be useful in the letterkenny area??:confused:

Till 10 might be pushing it, I don't know of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Are you considering opening up one?

Its hard to say if there'd be enough business to warrant opening one and very difficult to gauge without actually opeing up one and then location is paramount to success...

CJC999 wrote: »

Its hard to say if there'd be enough business to warrant opening one and very difficult to gauge without actually opeing up one and then location is paramount to success...

Ah I thought they were looking for one thats open, not looking to open one :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Ah I thought they were looking for one thats open, not looking to open one :o

That makes two of us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 comrailchip

CJC999 wrote: »

Just thinking would it be handy due to peoples work commitments etc., you need your car during the day, all the garages are closed in the evening when you have time to look about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

who does everyone recommend around Leterkenny to get a car sorted quickly??. I too need my car daily and have to leave it in shortly for service and numerous other faults and need it back asap without being ripped off and fobbed off for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

Westwood wrote: »
    who does everyone recommend around Leterkenny to get a car sorted quickly??. I too need my car daily and have to leave it in shortly for service and numerous other faults and need it back asap without being ripped off and fobbed off for a week.

Ther were a few threads on here recently and various mechanics around Letterkenny were recommended:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70336461

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70531070

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

I dropped my car into a garage in Letterkenny to get the driver seat secured last Monday. It failed on this on the NCT a few months back and when I called back to the garage to collect the car on Tuesday the driver side wing mirror was broken off, all smashed up and sitting on the passenger seat (covering the seat in glass).
    I took the car and am awaiting a call from the garage to return and have the wing mirror replaced.
    Should I be kicking up a fuss and refusing to pay when I go back? I took time off to get this sorted and will need to take more time off to get it through the NCT once fixed since I had planned to do all that this week..

Comedian wrote: »
    I dropped my car into a garage in Letterkenny to get the driver seat secured last Monday. It failed on this on the NCT a few months back and when I called back to the garage to collect the car on Tuesday the driver side wing mirror was broken off, all smashed up and sitting on the passenger seat (covering the seat in glass).
    I took the car and am awaiting a call from the garage to return and have the wing mirror replaced.
    Should I be kicking up a fuss and refusing to pay when I go back? I took time off to get this sorted and will need to take more time off to get it through the NCT once fixed since I had planned to do all that this week..

:eek:

Most definitely you should have kicked up a fuss, but I personally would have refused to take the car untill they admitted what had happened and arranged to have it fixed. They now might turn around and say it wasn't like that when it left the garage!

I'd get on the phone right away.

Advertisement