Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a lift with dog Rosslare to Roscoff/Cherbourg Crossing

Options
  • 20-11-2011 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I'm having problems bringing my dog onboard Irish ferries to make a crossing to France. I'm looking for a lift from Rosslare Harbour to Cherbourg/Roscoff on-board Irish Ferries sometime over Christmas.

The problem I'm having is Irish Ferries has an unusual rule for dogs. They provide Kennels on-board for the entire trip, however, you can not walk the dog on to and off the ship, they must be driven on-board in a car. Irish Ferries cite Health and Safety reasons (although this doesn't apply to their UK crossing for some reason). Thus it would mean I'd have to rent a car just to get him on and off the ship, and even if I did I'm only going one way so it wouldn't be feasible. Its a very strange rule, I still can't understand how I could endanger someone walking with a dog on to a ship.

My plan is then to train it from France to Zurich where I live, so its pretty straight forward once I hit the continent. So if anyone is looking to perhaps share the price of the ticket and have brief company with a gorgeous golden lab and a very grateful guy, please PM me.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Wow That is a bit strange. I'm sure if you go to the irish ferries desk where people with pets check in you will meet someone nice enough to help you out.

Advertisement