Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby's teeth - Order of appearance!

Options
  • 20-11-2011 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if this is normal.. My daughter is 11 months old and has quite a few teeth already. She has lower central and lateral incisors (I googled a diagram, I don't know what Im on about really :) ), and upper lateral incisors.
    When I say she has them, the upper ones are only up 1-2 mm above the gum surface.

Im wondering is it strange that she has all these teeth and yet theres no sign of her upper central incisors?.. The ol' 2 front teeth..?

There was a 4 little marks on the upper gum where the teeth should arrive, and the lateral incisors have appeared from 2 of those marks.

Just making sure the order isnt important really.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭kkth0360

It is unusual for the lateral incisors to have erupted before the central incisors, particularly since everything else seems to be on schedule.

It would be worth having your dentist take a look, and getting their advice as to whether an x-ray is necessary to check that nothing is getting in the way of these teeth coming through - very occasionally there can be little (harmless) cysts that form and prevent baby teeth from erupting normally. Even more rarely there can be tiny extra teeth (exceedingly rare in the baby teeth) or one or two other things getting in the way.

So nothing to get too worried about, but definitely worth a trip to the dentist to make sure all is in order.

Advertisement