Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Leixlip

Options
  • 20-11-2011 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Anyone work in the call center there? Went for an interview and the only thing i can say is :eek:

They have their own gym, free coffee machines everywhere, very laid back clothes policy and seems like a cool place to work. Whats with the ATM machines all over the place:confused: as well

Another thing i seen was that everyone there was on Facebook,Wiki, myspace or some other internet page as well as working :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The pay there is absolutely lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Delancey wrote: »
    The pay there is absolutely lousy.

Yep got the job, start tomorrow :) pay isn't great at all but it's work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Glad you got the job , I know someone who started there a few months ago and discovered the starting salary was 4,000 less than what he had been told at interview.

Delancey wrote: »
    Glad you got the job , I know someone who started there a few months ago and discovered the starting salary was 4,000 less than what he had been told at interview.

found out today the Swedish, norweign and danish group that was brought over here to work with us are on 3 grand more and have a year contract where all the Irish have a 3 month contract and less money:eek:

I thought we are in a recession, no jobs :mad: and such but yet 14 non irish were hired and shipped over:confused: before anyone says anything this isnt a remark about where the people are from but why unemployed skilled irish people werent employed instead???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Spunk84 wrote: »
    found out today the Swedish, norweign and danish group that was brought over here to work with us are on 3 grand more and have a year contract where all the Irish have a 3 month contract and less money:eek:

I thought we are in a recession, no jobs :mad: and such but yet 14 non irish were hired and shipped over:confused: before anyone says anything this isnt a remark about where the people are from but why unemployed skilled irish people werent employed instead???

Maybe they didn't have the languages? I worked there before, it was good to work in, they have a couple of different banks onsite, a dry cleaner iirc, the canteen is decent enough too. and there's the gym

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Maybe they didn't have the languages? I worked there before, it was good to work in, they have a couple of different banks onsite, a dry cleaner iirc, the canteen is decent enough too. and there's the gym

could be:) yea the place is very cool, alot of perks there and from what they have said alot of room for moving up the ladder

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Used to work there (tech support - on the desk of a rather large pharmaceutical company), quit about 3 years ago because I was going back to college. Pay was pretty rubbish (was on €20k, the group hired just after I left were on €19k). They were strict enough with us, but that was because the desk I was on was a new one at the time and not just one that had been moved out from Clonskeagh. Where you mention that everyone was on Facebook etc - they were strict with us on that (no non-relevant websites to be accessed between 6am and 6pm), which was mostly because we were having a lot of site visits at the time. Surprised that the gym is still there, it was HP policy back in '08 to phase them out.

Used to work there (tech support - on the desk of a rather large pharmaceutical company), quit about 3 years ago because I was going back to college. Pay was pretty rubbish (was on €20k, the group hired just after I left were on €19k). They were strict enough with us, but that was because the desk I was on was a new one at the time and not just one that had been moved out from Clonskeagh. Where you mention that everyone was on Facebook etc - they were strict with us on that (no non-relevant websites to be accessed between 6am and 6pm), which was mostly because we were having a lot of site visits at the time. Surprised that the gym is still there, it was HP policy back in '08 to phase them out.

i was really surprised about FB being allowed, we where told dont go on youtube and dont stream but other than that if you working to the their way then leeway is given. Gym is still there but you have to pay for it, Canteen is huge and the food is unreal but abit stingy on the portions LOL I noticed "security" is super strict, our group during lunch where stopped a few times. 19k seems the norm now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Spunk84 wrote: »
    found out today the Swedish, norweign and danish group that was brought over here to work with us are on 3 grand more and have a year contract where all the Irish have a 3 month contract and less money

I thought we are in a recession, no jobs and such but yet 14 non irish were hired and shipped over before anyone says anything this isnt a remark about where the people are from but why unemployed skilled irish people werent employed instead???

Come on. Perhaps because there are not that many Irish people speaking Swedish, Danish and Norwegian in such proficiency to be of any use to the Scandinavian market?

And 20,5k is what I'll be earning at HP, and I find it a pretty decent wage. It's roughly the same as someone in Belgium would receive for that job, with the difference that you guys pay only 20% taxes while Belgians pay 35% taxes. Plus in Ireland it's really common to share appartements, so rent is relatively low as well if you're a bit smart.

No, I honestly don't think you have anything to complain about especially if you take the perks into consideration as well.

Advertisement