Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to pin the launcher in ubuntu 11.10

Options
  • 20-11-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

hi everybody
    i want to know is there a way to pin the launcher in. eg. when your in Firefox you don't see the launcher, but when your mouse hit the left side of the screen the launcher appears
    is there anyway to stop it appearing or decrease it sensitivity or something or have it pined to the side

thanks mi open-source amigos
    reason : it piss-es me offf

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

install the Compiz Settings Manager
    # sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

When you start this application (it's called CompizConfig Settings Manager in the menus), select the Desktop category on the left and you should see the "Ubuntu Unity Plugin" icon on the right. Click it and you will see all the Unity config options - one of which is "Hide Launcher" - select "Never" and the launcher will stay on screen & on top all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

thanks had compiz already installed. forgot about the unity plug in
    i just lower the sensitivity

Advertisement